One of the highest green golf courses in the world, this is a must-visit attraction to cover while travelling with our Kashmir packages. The Gulmarg Golf Course also comes with a stunning clubhouse that has its very own historical significance. If you want to try your hand at golfing, there are golf sets that you can hire and instructors to make that perfect. You can also get a temporary membership here if you wish to give golfing a go.
Set up during the days of the British regime by Sir Neville Chamberlain, The Gulmarg Golf Course has been sitting here for more than a hundred years and is one of the best places to visit in Gulmarg. The picturesque setting of the golf course surrounded by myriad alpine flowers, gentle undulated slopes and lush mossy turf along with crisp cool weather, is a golfer’s paradise in the true sense.
The course had been redesigned in later years by renowned golf architect Peter Thomson after which it has become a sprawling 6,760 yards, par 72 and 18-hole golf course. Not only is it one of the highest golf courses in the world, but also India’s longest hole, a par five, 610 yards. Moreover, the uphill factor of the course also plays in favor of golfers. Situated at an altitude of 8700 feet above sea level, the beauty of the course is unparalleled with rare species of beautiful flowers which can be seen in full bloom during the months of June through September. As a visitor, you are also allowed to take your car inside the premises and enjoy a ride on one of the most spectacular golf courses in the world.
Checkout & Book: Kashmir Trip Package from Pune
• The Gulmarg Golf Course is famed to be the highest 18-hole golf course in the world. It is also the longest in the world
• The golf course is located at an altitude of 8,700 feet above sea level
• It was initially used by the British to play golf during the pre-independence period from 1911. It was formally inaugurated as a golf course in 2011
• The golf course is usually open between the months of April and November. It is mostly covered in snow during the rest of the year when its gentle slopes serve as mini ski runs for beginner level skiers
• The Golf Club is adequately stocked and well equipped to handle holiday golfers by arranging for caddies and coaches. You can also hire golf sets at reasonable rates
• The club features other amenities like a lounge, bar, library, lawn tennis area, table tennis area and a putting green