1. Explore the rich nature at the Adelaide Botanical Gardens: This huge botanical garden spreads over 51 hectares of land and has been inspired by the royal gardens of France and England. The National Rose Trial Garden inside this beautiful location is one of its kind establishments where roses from across the world are tested for their suitability to the Australian climate. The garden also has the Museum of Botany from where the visitors can get to admire and learn about the various species of fauna in Australia.
Location: North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000
Timings: 7:25 A.M. – 6:30 P.M. (Mon-Fri), 9:00 A.M. – 6:30 P.M. (Sat, Sun)
2. Gorge some delicious food at the Adelaide Central Market: If you are a food lover, one of the best things to do in Adelaide is visiting this largest fresh produce market in Australia. This beautiful market houses 80 stalls under its roof and is famous for its endless range of fruits and vegetables. Apart from that, some of the best cafes and patisseries of Adelaide are situated within this building. You can also get to sample a distinct range of authentic cheeses, charcuterie, and local sweets at the market. If you get a chance, try to visit the market on Friday to enjoy live music, indulge in cooking classes, or school workshops.
Location: 44-60 Gouger St, Adelaide SA 5000
Timings: 7:00 A.M. – 5:30 P.M. (Tue, Wed), 9:00 A.M. – 5:30 P.M. (Thu), 7:00 A.M. – 9:00 P.M.(Fri), 7:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.(Sat)
3. Spending some time at the shore of Glenelg: Glenelg is one of the most popular sports amongst locals as well as tourists to spend some leisurely time. The clean beach, boating activities, and admirable views from the Jetty make it a perfect spot to spend some peaceful time. Moreover, visiting this place is one of the best things to do in Adelaide with kids and family. Glenelg also has a rich heritage history and beautiful colonial-era architecture that visitors can admire while strolling around the streets. Also, do not forget to take a ride on the Glenelg Tram, which is the only running tram left in the whole of Adelaide.
4. Admire the Artworks at Carrick Hill: Situated at the foothills of Adelaide Hills, this iconic property was home to Sir Edward Bill Hayward and his wife Ursula. The property is now open to the public and has an amazing collection of artworks, sculptures, drawings, and paintings by some of the most prominent English, French, and Australian artists. The beautiful architecture of the house within the property and the majestic English Gardens also work in admiration, with the beautiful hills on the one side and views of the endless sea on the other.
Location: 46 Carrick Hill Dr, Springfield SA 5062
Price: AUD 17 (Adult), AUD 36 (Family)
Timings: 10:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M. (Wed-Sun)
5. Explore the Chinatown: If you love to explore distinct cultures, visiting Chinatown is one of the best things to do in Adelaide for you. This amazing Chinese street in Adelaide is home to some of the most authentic Chinese restaurants and grocery stores. Apart from that, you will also find a pretty decent collection of Korean, Japanese, Thai, as well as Vietnamese eateries within this street. The street is the very place to admire Chinese celebrations throughout the year.
Location: 18 Moonta St, Adelaide SA 5000
Timings: Open 24 Hours
6. Visit the South Australian Museum: Established in 1834, visiting this amazing museum of natural history is one of the must things to do in Adelaide. This is the very place where you can get to learn about Australia’s natural as well as cultural heritage with the help of ancient artifacts from across the country as well as the world. Exploring this amazing museum is also one of the most fun and exciting activities to do in Adelaide with kids.
Location: North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000
Price: Variable as/exhibits
Timings: 10:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
7. Visit the Himeji Garden: You surely cannot leave Adelaide without admiring its gorgeous Himeji Japanese Gardens. This beautiful Japanese Garden has been built using local Australian plants, however; to induce the feeling of an actual Japanese garden with beautiful colors, a gravel garden, and soothing water features. Visiting this place is surely one of the most peaceful and unique activities to do in Adelaide.
Location: South Terrace &, Glen Osmond Rd, Adelaide SA 5000
Timings: 8:00 A.M. – 5:30 P.M.
8. Spot the Wildlife at Adelaide Zoo: Adelaide Zoo is one of the major attractions of Adelaide and homes over 2500 animals from across 250 species of mammals, reptiles, birds, and fish. If you are an animal lover and wish to admire some of the most unique and distinct animal species from across the world, visiting this amazing zoo is one of the most important things to do in Adelaide for you.
Location: Frome Rd, Adelaide SA 5000
Price: AUD 39 (Adult 15+), AUD 21 (Child 4-14)
Timings: 9:30 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.