1. Koala Sanctuary- Brisbane has the world’s oldest Koala Sanctuary, the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. You can actually hold the Koalas with your own hands and click pictures with them. You can also feed and pet the free- roaming kangaroos in the Kangaroo Reserve, and this is one of the most famous tourist attractions of Brisbane that you should not miss.
Location- 708 Jesmond Rd, Fig Tree Pocket QLD 4069, Australia
Timings- 9:00 am- 5:00 pm
Prices- 49 USD for adults, 35 USD for children and 39 USD for students and senior citizens
2. Kangaroo Point Cliffs- You can go hiking to the Kangaroo Point Cliff located in the middle of the city to witness one of the most amazing views of the city’s landscape. This heritage site is set across the Brisbane river and is the favorite spot for rock climbing and rambling. You can also go on a walk or run along the cliff and enjoy the majestic scenery of the Brisbane river on your side.
Location- Queensland, Australia
3. Wheel of Brisbane- The Wheel of Brisbane is an observation wheel situated at Brisbane, Queensland in Australia. You can take a ride in this 60 meter tall giant wheel to have the best scenery of the city. You can sit in the air-conditioned capsules and have a 360 degree view of the entire city in just 12 to 15 minutes, and definitely one of the best recreational rides in Brisbane that you would regret missing.
Location- Russell St, South Brisbane QLD 4101, Australia
Timings- 10:00 am- 10:00 pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday;
10:00 am to 11:00 pm on Friday, Saturday
Prices- 19.95 USD (adults), 15.20 USD (children), 61.75 USD (nuclear family) and 18.05 USD (students)
4. Botanical Gardens- Brisbane has a number of Botanical Gardens and parks scattered around the city. You can explore and learn more about the typical flora of Australia and relax in the loving lap of nature. You can go on a walk or grab a cycle to stroll across the city parks in the evening away from the hustle and bustle.
Location- Toowong Qld, Australia
5. Queensland Art Gallery and Gallery of Modern Art- The Museum is one of the main attractions of Brisbane and the perfect destination to spend your weekend with your loved ones. You can admire and learn a lot about the modern contemporary art forms and the stories behind them. Take out an hour or two from your day and indulge in the brilliance of the art works of some of the legendary artists from around the globe.
Location- Stanley Pl, South Brisbane QLD 4101, Australia
Timings- 10:00 am- 5:00 pm
Prices- free admission, except the occasionally held exhibitions and cinema programs
6. Nepalese Peace Pagoda- This pagoda is one of the most treasured attractions of the South Bank of Brisbane. This was brought to the city as an honor to the Nepalese Kingdom for their significant contribution to world Expo 88. The three-storey Pagoda, located in the heart of Parklands features 80 tonnes of hand-carved Nepalese timber. It is one among the only three Nepali Peace Pagodas located outside Nepal.
Location- Clem Jones Promenade, South Brisbane QLD 4101, Australia
7. Streets Beach- This is Australia’s only inner city man made beach which gives you an out-of-the world swimming experience. The crystal clear blue lagoon is surrounded by white sands and sub-tropical trees which add up to give you the true essence of the coastline. This Oasis in the middle of the city also has food stalls and a picnic area to ensure you a quality experience with your family and friends.
Location- Stanley St Plaza, South Brisbane QLD 4101, Australia
8. Cultural Center- This is the main attraction of Queensland’s art and culture and is also a popular heritage site. It has a number of museums glorifying the art and culture of Australia. It also hosts several exhibitions of modern and contemporary art for the researchers and tourists. If you are passionate about art and want to have an insight about the history and heritage of Australia, then this is the place for you.
Location- South Brisbane QLD 4101, Australia
Timings- 9:30 am- 5:00 pm
9. Museum of Brisbane- The Museum of Brisbane is a general cultural and art museum that attracts a lot of visitors. This museum brings culture to life with its various interactive displays and exhibitions. There are several installations throughout the museum that feature optical illusions and animations. You can participate in the various activities offered by the museum like Quiet Afternoons or learn about art and history from the Resident Artist, Gordon Hookey.
Location- Level 3, Brisbane City Hall, 64 Adelaide St, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
Timings- 10:00 am- 5:00 pm
10. Roma Street Parkland- Roma Street Parkland is the perfect getaway place from the busy city streets of Brisbane, and it is the best destination for solo adventurers, families, couples and friends. You can relax in the beautiful lawns, watch the beautiful flowers and wildlife or treat your taste buds in some of the best cafes of Brisbane beautifully set up in the Parkland.
Location- 1 Parkland Blvd, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia