1. Sample The Cape’s Wines At A Vineyard Estate: Heading over to the vineyard estates on a wine tasting tour can be considered as one of the best activities to do in Capetown as you will get to learn more about the process of wine making as well as taste fresh wines.
The Vineyard Estates of Capetown offer amazing views, mind blowing architecture, and a serenity that you can not find anywhere else. You can taste a variety of wines here and make the most of your day.
2. Explore The Cape’s Marine And Wildlife: Capetown has rich and diverse marine wildlife. Taking an exploration tour of the cape’s marine and wildlife, you will be able to gain insights about the South African flora and fauna.
Taking in one of the best activities to do in Capetown, you can see hundreds of colourful fishes, white sharks, different species of whales, and many more. You can also see African penguins and fur seals here.
3. Go Paragliding At Signal Hill: Signal Hill is a popular flat topped landmark that nestles close to the Lion’s Head and Table Mountain. Enjoy the fantastic view of Capetown, its mountains, beaches, and vineyards while paragliding from the Signal Hill.
The panoramic view of Table Town and the City Bowl will surely be the most unforgettable memory of your trip as it is considered to be one of the best activities to do in Capetown. Taking part in this activity, you will be flying over the hills like a bird and witness the mesmerizing views of Capetown as well from a great height.
Location:Western Cape, South Africa
4. Picnic In Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens: The Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens is one of the greatest botanical gardens in the world. This garden is located against the eastern slopes of the Table Mountain of Capetown. You can enjoy excursion trips with your friends and family here and feel the peace and serenity.
Heading over to this place, you can indulge in guided tours with volunteers to learn more about the rare flora of South Africa. You can also purchase great souvenirs and Kirstenbosch memorabilia at the on site stores.
Location:Rhodes Dr, Newlands, Cape Town, 7735, South Africa
R40 for adults
R25 for SA students with student cards
R10 for children ages 6-18.
Children under 6 years are free.
Summer (September - March): 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Winter (April - August): 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
5. Explore Victoria & Alfred Waterfront: The Victoria & Alfred Waterfront is located in the oldest working harbour of the Southern Hemisphere. Exploring the waterfront is considered as one of the best things to do in Capetown at night as you will be able to capture crystal clear views. Table Mountain in the background of the harbour gives it a scenic view.
The waterfront complex was designed by Adrian Van Der Vyer. This waterfront represents the heritage and diversity of Capetown. You can play, shop, dine, or just walk here and enjoy the vibrant atmosphere.
Location:19 Dock Rd, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa
Timings:9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
6. Stroll Around Greenmarket Square: Greenmarket Square is the second oldest and one of the liveliest public spaces in Capetown. You can explore the market, treat yourself to good food, and discover the historic story of this cobbled square. You can also buy souvenirs and gifts for your loved ones from here.
Shopping in the greenmarket square can be considered as one of the best things to do in Capetown at night as it gives you a chance to explore the city.
Location:Burg St &, Longmarket St, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8000, South Africa
Timings:9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
7. Take A Tour Of Robben Island: In the list of all the things you want to do in Capetown, a tour of Robben Island is a must to do. Robben Island is a UNESCO World Heritage Site with beautiful palm trees, beaches, and notable history. Heading over to this place, you will also be able to get more insights about the life of various past presidents who have spent time here.
Location:Bloubergstrand, north of Cape Town, South Africa
8. Take The Cableway Up Table Mountain: The Table Mountains is the most famous tourist spot in Capetown and you can go up the mountain and enjoy the view via the Table Mountain Aerial Cableway.
It is a gentle, state of the art cableway that takes to the mountain top in just about 5 minutes. After reaching the top of the mountain, you can enjoy the self-service at the buffet cafe. You can also bring a packed picnic and enjoy your day.
Location:Cape Town, South Africa
9. Hike Up Lion’s Head: Lion’s head is one of the most famous hiking trails of Capetown. It is 669 meters high and offers a panoramic view of the city, Atlantic Ocean, Table Mountain, and a lot more beyond it. It attracts both first-time hikers and avid regular hikers to its trails from all over the world.
The Lion’s head is a part of the famous Table Mountain National Park, with a rich and diverse flora and fauna. Hiking up to the top can be considered as one of the best activities to do in Capetown as you will get to enjoy sunrise and sunset in Capetown. It gives you a feeling of being in paradise.
Location:Cape Town, South Africa
Timings:Open 24 Hours
10. Take Woodstock Street Art Tour: Woodstock Street is one of the famous places in Capetown that is widely held for providing some of the most unique cultural experience of street art. It was an industrial area before, but at the preset it is an open art gallery.
Woodstock is located on the edge of central Capetown uses extraordinary street arts as a way to rejuvenate and regenerate the streets and the surroundings. The murals are often humorous, but sometimes they are provocative as well. There are new murals on the walls of the streets every day. Just walk along the streets and enjoy the talent and beautiful art.
Location:Woodstock Exchange, Albert Rd, Woodstock, Cape Town, 7915, South Africa
Entry Fee/Price:Adult: €20.00 & Child: €14.00
Timings:8:30 AM - 5:00 PM