Gold Coast is the best coastal region of Australia housing some of the finest beaches and places in the country. Tourists can walk along the tranquil beaches or feel the adventure in the various amusement parks. From relaxation, exploration, partying or shopping, tourists can do all of these in Gold Coast.
Below are some of the best things to do in Gold Coast:
1. Visit the Surfers Paradise Beach: Ride, Surf and Dive, are some of the best adventurous things to do in Gold Coast which you can enjoy at the Surfers Paradise Beach. Swim in one of the safest beaches under the patrolling of three lifeguard towers.
Wave along the 2 kilometres stretch of golden sand and rolling surf, to get the most enthralling adventures and explore more about what to do in Gold Coast around. Make sandcastles, dip in the waters, embrace the evenings, with the soft light strolls at the beach. Or you can enjoy shopping at the Surfers Paradise Beachfront Markets on selected days from 4:00 to 9:00 pm.
Location: Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia
2. Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary Scouting: One of the best things to do in Gold Coast is immersing yourself in the iconic Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, cuddling Koalas and feeding kangaroos. Scout for birds, animals and a variety of fauna in the 27 hectares of rainforests. Be a part of magnificent outdoor themed playgrounds, islands, and open animal enclosures. You can delight yourself with a free-flight bird show, High Rope adventures, Segway tours and a special train for your little munchkins. The extended wildlife include Lemurs, echidna, tamarins, Red pandas, Capybaras and exotic reptiles.
Location: 28 Tomewin Street, Currumbin Queensland 4223, Australia
Timing: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Pricing: Average prices range around AUD 50-60 per person.
3. Enchant in the Sea World Adventures: Sea World Adventures is one of the largest marine parks of Australia. Partake in the prominent activities to do in Gold Coast, like the dolphins feeding and playing the stunts of sea lions, jet skiing and more here. You can be enthralled around polar bears, penguins, tropical fishes, sharks, and rays. Participate in the sea-themed rides, explore mammal park, oceanarium, and theme park to get a wholesome feel of the Sea World adventures. Get the top view with the monorail, for the entire sea adventures magnificence, and get awed.
Pricing: Average prices range around AUD 90-110 per person.
Location: Sea World Drive, Main Beach, Queensland, 4217, Australia
Timing: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
4. Live in the Warner Bros Movie World: Have fun in the Warner Bros Movie world where entertainment comes to real life. Amuse yourself in the theme park with the 3D interactive rides, parades of main street, and the Looney Tunes.
Special attractions are the rides built around shows and favourite characters like DC Rivals Hypercoaster, the Doomsday Destroyer, and the Green Lantern Coaster. Vibe with the themes of the Scooby Doo, and Spooky Coaster with high-tech special effects and surprises.
Pricing: Average pricing ranges around AUD 90-200 per person.
Location: Pacific Motorway, Gold Coast, Queensland
Timing: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
5. Kirra Beach Explorations: Coolangatta, the starting point of Kirra Beach is one of the wonders of the region. Catch soothing vibes any hour of the day with activities like swimming, sunbathing, paddleboarding and more.
You can also explore Cafés and restaurants around for the fulfilment of your aesthetic needs. Experience creatures like moray eels, nudibranchs, octopuses and more playing around the cloaked rocks here.
Location: 10 Charlotte St, Coolangatta QLD 4225, Australia
Timing: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
6. Seek Dreamworld Mysteries: You can enjoy many adventures and attractions of the biggest theme park of Australia.The movie character attractions along with live shows is the best of what to do in Gold Coast. You will also get hosted by Australian native animals to feel the warmth and love of the country.
Interact with crocodiles, kangaroos, and dingos at Dreamworld Corroboree. Pick the serene sunset safari to meet endangered big cats at Tiger Island
Pricing: Average prices range around AUD 100-140 per person
Location: Dreamworld Parkway, Coomera, Queensland 4209, Australia
Timing: Monday to Thursday 10:30 Am- 4:00 PM, Friday to Sunday 10:00 AM - 5:00P
7. Climb at Q1: Q1 is one of the tallest buildings on the planet. The height of Q1 is 322 metres from bottom to top. One can view the best sunset and sunrise of the Gold Coast at the top of Q1. Q1 is highly visited by tourists who aspire to seek adventure and thrill.
After reaching the top, you’ll be guided and tied with a safety harness. Post that, you can stand along the stairs and see the magnificent sanguine sun setting among the clouds with awe dropping views of the ocean.
Price: $30 for Adults, $19 for Children
8. Jet Boat Ride: With many things to do in Gold Coast, one can opt for the extreme Jet Boat Ride at Surfers Paradise. Surfers Paradise is one of the most popular resorts in Gold Coast. It hosts the most thrilling and exciting Jet Boat ride in Gold Coast. Departing from Surfers Paradise, the Jet Boat ride takes you through the wonderful waters at some thrilling speeds.
Enjoy the speed and the splashes of water on your face. Ride the adrenaline-packed Jet Ski Ride.
Price: $168 for Adults (Jet Ski and Helitour) and $136 for Children (Jet Ski and Helitour)
9. Explore the Jellurgal Aboriginal Cultural Centre: Among the various activities to do in Gold Coast, Jellurgal Aboriginal Cultural Centre is one of the finest places where tourists can learn about the history and culture of the Gold Coast.
Connect with the unique and indigenous culture of Gold Coast at the Jellurgal Aboriginal Cultural Centre. The centre is covered with rainforests and lush bushes which portrays the way of life of the ancient Yugambeh people of Queensland. If you want to know about the place and Yuganbeh people in-depth with some fine and true stories, it is recommended to hire a local guide.
Price: $30 for Adults and $15 for Children.
10. Go for Whale Watching Cruise: Gold Coast is among the finest places in Australia where one can go for Whale watching. The period from June to November becomes the best season to go for Whale Watching as more and more herd of whales swim near the shore of the Gold Coast. There are many cruise options for Whale Watching in the city.
One can witness some of the rarest humpback whales and Orca whales. Orca whales are said to be the rarest whales among all the species found in Australia. One can also see some dolphins, turtles, flying fish and sharks on the cruise.
Price: It can vary between $65 to $75.
Click Here To Book: Whale Watching Cruise
11. Visit Lamington National Park: One of the finest things to do in Gold Coast is to visit Lamington National Park. If you are keen on bird-watching, Lamington National Park is the perfect place. You can also learn and know about the native Australian birds and animals at the Lamington National Park.
Inside the park, there is a place called O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat. Located between the wild and lush green forests, O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat is a villa, where one can stay and rejuvenate themself in the midst of the national park. With spa rooms and a mind-blowing observation deck, O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat is one of the finest places in Lamington National Park.
Click Here To Book: Lamington National Park
12. Surfing: If you visit the Gold Coast, go for a surf lesson in the crystal clear and azure water of the Pacific Ocean. One of the finest activities to do in Gold Coast, surfing in Gold Coast is popular around the globe. People from all over the world visit the Gold Coast to do surfing. With numerous Surfing schools and resorts which offer the finest and the craziest surfing experience, one must enjoy this lifetime experience.
Surfing becomes more fun and exciting with the wetsuit on and the golden sun in the sky.
13. Take the Brewery Tour: House of the most famous Brewery in Queensland, Burleigh Brewery Co. is one of the most exciting activities to do in Gold Coast. Explore and taste the various types of beers at the Burleigh Brewery Co.
The various types of beers one can get here are:
Burleigh Big Head (4.2% Alcohol)
Burleigh Twisted Palm (4.2% Alcohol)
Burleigh 28 (4.8% Alcohol)
Burleigh Fig Jam (7.0% Alcohol)
Burleigh My Wife's Bitter (4.8% Alcohol)
Burleigh Black Giraffe (5.0% Alcohol)
Burleigh Blonde (5.0% Alcohol)
Burleigh Mid-Tide (3.0% Alcohol)
Price: $50 for 2 hours (1-hour tour and 1 hour of tasting)
14. Visit the Majestic Mount Tamborine: Located in the oldest National Park of Queensland (Tamborine National Park), Mount Tamborine is a paradise in itself. Mount Tamborine is a small hill surrounded by waterfall and lakes. It is one of the most picturesque places in Queensland and is an unknown place among tourists.
Mount Tamborine is around a 40-minutes drive from Main Gold Coast and one can find some of the finest restaurants and cafes near Tamborine National Park.
Price: $19.50 for adults and $9.50 for children
Also Book: Eureka Skydeck Tickets