1. Tringalwadi Fort: Located at about 10 kilometres from Igatpuri city centre in Tringalwadi Village, Tringalwadi is a hill fort situated at an elevation of 3000 feet. It is believed that the fort and caves were built during the 10th-century to overlook the prominent trade route in the region, between Konkan and Nashik. It has also been occupied by the Mughals, and later the British during the Raj era in India.
Today, Tringalwadi is a renowned trekking spot that is visited by people on an Igatpuri holiday. Camping and picnics at Tringalwadi lake are also activities worth enjoying here.
- Location: Tringalwadi, Igatpuri Taluka, Nashik District, Maharashtra 422402, India
- Timing: 6:00 am to 6:00 pm
2. Vihigaon Waterfalls: Also known as Ashoka Waterfalls, the natural stream gushing against a cliff, surrounded by ample greenery is a beautiful sight to witness on your Igatpuri trip. Situated in the Vihigaon village near Igatpuri, the cascade is a seasonal fall fed water during the monsoon season.
With a drop of 120 feet into a ravine, people come here to enjoy a refreshing bath and swim. Other than that, the rugged terrains all around make it a popular trekking destination as well. Water rappelling, flying fox, camping, picnics are other activities available here.
- Location: Vihigaon Village, Near Igatpuri, Thane District, Maharashtra 421602, India
- Timing: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
3. Kalsubai Peak: This is a mountain peak in the Western Ghats of Maharashtra, with an elevation of 1646 metres, it is also the highest point in the entire state. Kalsubai is also fondly given the name ‘Everest of Maharashtra’. Situated within the Kalsubai Harishchandragad Wildlife Sanctuary, the pinnacle is best-known for its trekking trails and stunning views of the region from the top. You have the chance to visit here and go for a day or night treks, enjoy camping and picnics with the Igatpuri tour package.
- Location: Kalsubai Harishchandragad Wildlife Sanctuary, Igatpuri Taluka, Maharashtra, India
Planning a Holiday to Nashik, Checkout our best selling Nashik Tour Packages
4. Ghatandevi Mandir: The temple of Ghatandevi is said to be the ‘protector of the ghats’ and is dedicated to Ghatandevi as the presiding deity. Situated in the outskirts of Igatpuri, in a spectacular valley that has the peaks of Harihar, DurvarUtvad and Trimak as its backdrop. Right behind the temple lies the Tringalwadi Fort, another popular tourist attraction and trekking spot.
Many devoted tourists visit the shrine to seek blessings and spend some time in peace and spirituality.
- Location: Awal Khed, Igatpuri Taluka, Nashik District, Maharashtra 422402, India
- Timing: 6:00 am to 6:00 pm
5. Camel Valley: Situated a kilometre away from Bhatsa River Valley Point, Camel Valley is a gorgeous vantage point in Igatpuri that you must add to your Igatpuri tour package. This attraction gets its name from the cliffs surrounding the entire valley, reminding a camel’s head. From the top, one can enjoy the panorama of greenery, and the five waterfalls that stream down one after the other, they all have different water sources.
- Location: Mumbai - Agra National Highway, Near Bhatsa River Valley Point, Igatpuri, Nashik District, Maharashtra, India
- Timing: 6:00 am to 6:0 pm
6. Darna Dam: Built by the Britishers in 1916, Darna is a gravity dam situated on the Darna River. It is also the largest dam in Maharashtra, with 52 gates, a length of 1,634 metres and a height of 28 metres. Primarily used for irrigation purposes in the region, the structure also attracts tourists with its beautiful vistas, camping opportunities, nature walks and much more.
- Location: Nasik-Mumbai National Highway, Igatpuri, Maharashtra, India
7. Amruteshwar Temple: This is an ancient stone-carved temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. Located on the banks of holy river Pravara at Ratanwadi village of Igatpuri, Amruteshwar Temple is believed to be 1200 years old, built by King Jhanj of Shilahara dynasty in 9th-century AD. Tourists, both devotees and otherwise pay a visit here to admire the stunning Hemadpanthi architectural style, murals, carvings, sculptures, and more, made using black and red stones.
- Location: Amruteshwar temple, @-Ratanwadi near Bhandardara, Ratanwadi, Igatpuri Taluka, Nashik District, Maharashtra 422604, India
Sketching Out a Journey to Igatpuri, Checkout our best selling Igatpuri Tour Packages