1. Cruise on Lake Thun: Sail through the largest lake located in the Bernese Highland. Take the 2-hour-long cruise ride and enjoy the beautiful views of Lake Thun while also capturing them on your camera. You will begin your cruise ride from the west of Interlaken, which will take you through places like Neuhaus nature reserves, Beatenbucht Spiez, Hilterfingen and Hunibach. While you’re on the cruise, you can relish the taste of the swiss cuisines, as you will be served with lunch and snacks.
Location: Interlaken West Station
Timings: 6:10 PM to 8:10 PM
Activity charges: CHF 20-75
2. Go Kayaking on Lake Brienz: Kayaking on the Lake Brienz in spring is one of the best activities to do in Interlaken as you will get to see it at its best. The lake turns to a deep turquoise colour in spring which makes it the best time to visit Interlaken. You will get to catch beautiful views while kayaking.
Since you cannot do this activity alone, make sure you take your friends, family or colleagues on this beautiful Kayak Journey. The best part about this trip is that you will be trained right before you take the matter in your hands if you are doing this for the first time.
Timings: 9:15 AM to 4:30 PM
Activity charges: CHF 70-150
3. Hike to Unspunnen Castle: Hike up to Unspunnen Castle to learn about the history of the town and also enjoy the trails filled with mesmerising views of the surrounding area. Hike to the castle will be adventurous and tricky as the trails get narrower as you reach higher. Get insight about the castle and the families who used to live there from your guide on the guided tour. Make sure that you carry a camera along with you, as you will get a lot of opportunities where you can click some splendid pictures.
Location: 3812 Winderswil, switzerland
4. Ride the Brienzer-Rothorn Railway: Witness the beauty of Switzerland’s Emmental Alps, in a totally unique way, which is by travelling in the oldest steam train popularly known as Brienzer-Rothorn Bahn. Go through the Verdant forests and admire the breathtaking views of the surroundings. Hop on the red carriage run by the steam locomotive and pass through the mountains, tunnels and green forests as you head towards the summit.
Location: Brienz railway station
Timings: 9:38 AM to 5:40 PM
Activity charges: CHF 20-50
5. Visit the Touristik-Museum: Spend your afternoon in the Touristsik museum or museum of tourism and get engrossed in the history of tourism. This is one of the most popular things to do in Interlaken, as it offers the visitors the opportunity to learn about the local souvenir industry, travel back in time and also get an insight into the history of the mountain railway. Make sure that you plan your visit between wednesday and sunday, as it stays closed on monday and tuesday.
Location: Ob. Gasse 26, 3800 Unterseen, Switzerland
Timings: Wednesday-Sunday 2 PM to 6 PM
Activity charges: CHF 4-10
6. Experience Natural Wonders at Weissenau Nature Reserve: Relax and experience utter peace in the Weissenau Nature Reserve , which is located at the Eastern part of Lake Thune. This is one of the most recommended things to do in Interlaken, as it provides its visitors with beautiful views of the pristine wildlife and the mesmerising landscape.
Other than admiring the beauty of the surroundings, you can also explore the ancient buildings like Chillon Castle, and Rhine falls. Get a chance to swim in the lake if the weather gets warm or you can also just sit there and admire the views of the surrounding area.
Location: Weissenaustrasse, 3800 Unterseen, Switzerland
7. Skydiving: Experience the thrill of falling from over 4,000 metres at the speed of 200 km/hr under the supervision of a professional trainer who will train you before the activity. This thrilling experience will begin with a 15 hour flight from where you will get to see some of the panoramic views.
While you’re on that flight you will get to see the views of the Alps, Jungfrau, Mönch, and Eiger. After jumping out from the flight, you will be experiencing the free fall for 45 minutes. Enjoy the surreal views after your parachute opens.
Price: CHF 365-440
8. Visit the otherworldly Trümmelbach Falls: One of the many things to do in Interlaken is visiting this ten glacier-fed waterfall, popularly known as Trümmelbach falls. Here you will get to witness the scenic beauty of the area surrounding the falls. Make sure that you plan your visits between April and November, because during that time the falls are open for visitors.
Location: Trümmelbach, 3824 Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland
Timings: April-June and September-November: 9 AM to 5 PM