1. Boudhanath Stupa: Hailed as one of the biggest Stupas in Asia, this place is a must visit for all the pilgrims in Kathmandu tour packages. It was constructed in 600 A.D coinciding with the time when the Tibetan king decided to adopt Buddhism. It survived a disastrous earthquake during 2015 and attracts visitors from all over the world.
Location: Buddha Stupa, Boudhanath Sadak.
2. Durbar Square: Famed as one of the UNESCO world heritage sites, the Durbar Square of Kathmandu is one of the most prominent places to see in Kathmandu tour packages. There are many sacred temples which depict the ancient architecture of Kathmandu Valley.
Some of the popular places to see in Durbar Square include Seto (White) Bhairab- a must visit during Indra Jatra Festival, Jagannath Temple, Taleju Temple, Indrapur Temple and Chandreshwar Temple.
Location: Durbar Square, Kathmandu, Nepal.
3. Pashupatinath: Indulge in a holy getaway to visit temples and enjoy many Hindu festivals in Pashupatinath. Spiritual travellers will be excited to watch the sadhus doing their holy rites of cremation by the banks of River Bagmati at Pashupatinath Temple here.
Culture lovers and art admirers will love to pay a visit to Bachhareschwari Temple, which was constructed in the 6th Century. Other famous temples to not miss here are Gorakhnath Temple and Ram Temple.
Location: Pashupati Nath Road 44621.
Opening hours: Every day from 4 AM – 12 PM & 5 PM – 9 PM.
4. Garden of Dream: Offering a tranquil respite from the hubbub of city life, Garden of Dreams is known for its neoclassical design. Here, you will be greeted by a verdant landscape of greenery, sparkling ponds and towering trees right in the heart of Kathmandu. It is one of the best places in Kathmandu packages to add to your itinerary to help your mind and body rejuvenate in this beautiful garden made in European style.
Location: TrideviSadak, Kathmandu
Opening hours: every day from 9 AM – 10 PM.
Price: 200 rupees.
5. Kopan Monastery: Perched in the suburbs of Kathmandu, Kopan Monastery can be visited by hailing a taxi or booking an organised Kathmandu tour. Take part in one of the meditation classes to help you rejuvenate your mind and mody at Kopan Monastery. For the best experience, visit during the morning while enjoying a pleasant walk from Bodhnath and Gokarna Mahadev Temple.
Opening hours: 9-11:30 AM in the morning and 1-4:30 PM in the evening.
6. Chandragiri: A haven for culture lovers and a respite from nature babies, Chandragiri offers one of the most panoramic views of Kathmandu Valley. In one of the popular stories, it is told that the splendid views from the hilltop left King Ranjit Malla in a bout of tears when he had to leave after a defeat. From here, you can see the Himalayas and even Mount Everest on a clear sky day. Adventure lovers will love to enjoy a trek here with Kathmandu holiday packages.
7. Swayambhunath: A popular UNESCO world heritage site in Kathmandu tour, Swayambhunath offers mind blowing views of Kathmandu Valley. The historical site boasts of many temples and has a picture perfect view with prayer flags that are adorned on the temples, stupas and statues here. The best time to visit here is during the early morning hours.
Location: Atop a hill in the Kathmandu Valley.
Price: 200 rupees.
8. Thamel: With a plethora of five star restaurants, shopping places and street food vendors, Thamel is one of the best tourist places in Kathmandu holiday packages. If you are looking for street wares, there are a number of shops where you can buy souvenirs in Thamel. You should visit Thamel Marg to explore the suburban streets and buy some pray flags and have a cup of delicious Himalayan Java coffee at Mandala Street.
9. Freak Street: Known for its hippie culture, Freak Street is one of the most visited places by the locals in Kathmandu. It is replete with many souvenir stores and eclectic cafes which makes it a must visit for all the travellers. Some of the must-try restaurants at Freak Street art Kumari Restaurant and Snowman.
10. Asan Tole: Get ready to treat yourself with a number of fresh fruits and vegetables at Asan Tole in Kathmandu packages. This is where you can shop for many exotic spices, marigold etc and enjoy the bustling markets of Kathmandu. It is surrounded by many famous temples like Annapurna Temple and the Krishna Temple.
Location: Masa Galli, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal.
11. Langtang National Park: Known for its pristine environs, Langtang National Park is one of the most serene places in Kathmandu tour packages. It is a protected area and encompasses the regions of Nuwakot, Rasuwa and Sindhupalchok.
For nature lovers, Rivers Trishuli and Koshi provide a tranquil respite. It is well-known to be a hotspot for biodiversity and treats everyone with some scenic views. Wildlife enthusiasts can look forward to seeing fauna like red panda, Himalayan black bear, leopard etc.
Price: 1800 INR approx.