1. Explore Prado Museum: Exploring the Prado Museum is one of the excellent things to do in Madrid. Officially known as Museo Nacional del Prado, it was established in 1819 and is recognized as one of the illustrious art museums in the world. Prado Museum houses an extensive collection of European Art from the 10th-20th century including paintings, sculptures and prints. Las Meninas, a 1656 painting by Velázquez is the highlight of the Prado Museum.
Location: Calle de Ruiz de Alarcón, 23, 28014 Madrid, Spain
Timing: 10 AM- 8 PM
2. Relax at El Retiro Park: Among prime attractions in Madrid, relaxing at El Retiro Park is one of the activities to Do in Madrid. The Park was opened to the public after the 19th century. It has a dedicated space for both old and young people for engaging in outdoor activities like jogging and exercise. El Retiro Park also houses shelves where citizens can leave their old books, newspapers, and magazines for others to read.
Location: Plaza de la Independencia, 7, 28001 Madrid, Spain
Timing: Monday-Friday : 6 PM- 9 PM | Saturday-Sunday: 10 AM- 2 PM
3. Visit Reina Sofía: Exclusively dedicated to 20th-century Spanish art, Reina Sofía is Spain's national museum. If you are wondering what to Do in Madrid, visiting Reina Sofía would be an excellent option. It houses a large collection of Pablo Picasso and Salvador Dalí's masterpieces.Reina Sofía's most priced display is Guernica by Pablo Picasso. The museum also has a sprawling library that offers complimentary access to Books, Audios and Videos.
Location: Calle de Santa Isabel, 52, 28012 Madrid, Spain
Timing: Wednesday- Saturday: 10 AM -9 PM | Sunday: 10 AM -2:30 PM |Tuesday: Closed
4. Visit Matadero Madrid: Initially a slaughterhouse, Matadero Madrid has been transformed into an Arts Centre in the 21st century. For art-enthusiasts, visiting this place is one of the best things to do in Madrid. Beginning with exhibitions to cinema, you will get everything under one roof. Matadero Madrid also has an on-site restaurant where you can try sumptuous delicacies after exploring the place.
Location: Plaza de Legazpi, 8, 28045 Madrid, Spain
Timing: 9 AM- 10 PM
5. Have Fun at Museum of Illusions: If you are in search of what to Do in Madrid, the Museum of Illusions will come to your rescue. From 8- 80, people of all ages are bound to have fun here. So, what all does it offer? Museum of Illusions has a Rotated Room, Anti-Gravity Room, Infinity Tunnel and numerous forms of Optical Illusions. Out of all, the Rotated Room is the most unique. Overall, it will take 40-60 minutes to go explore the place.
Location: Calle del Dr Cortezo, 8, 28012 Madrid, Spain
Timing: Wednesday- Sunday: 9:30 AM- 10 PM | Monday- Tuesday- Closed
6. Admire art at the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum: One of the prominent Art Museums in Madrid, Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum is a wonderful place to marvel at beautiful creations by renowned artists. The museum has a huge assemblage of paintings from the 13th- 20th century. Works by Duccio di Buoninsegna, Antonello da Messina, Winslow Homer, John Singleton Copley, Pablo Ruiz Picasso, Ernst Ludwig Kirchner and other reputed painters are put on display.
Location: Paseo del Prado, 8, 28014 Madrid, Spain
Timing: Tuesday -Sunday: 10 AM -7 PM | Monday: 12 PM- 4 PM
7. Stroll at El Capricho Park: Away from the urban chaos, strolling at El Capricho Park is one of the exhilarating activities to do in Madrid. Inspired by the 18th-century design, El Capricho Park is landscaped in a similar style. It houses a variety of trees, bushes and a lake inside the premises. El Capricho Park also has a Bunker that belongs to the era of the Spanish Civil War. The ideal time to visit the Park is in Autumn and Spring when the trees bloom and spring to life.
Location: Paseo de la Alameda de Osuna, 25, 28042 Madrid, Spain
Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays (October-March): 9 AM-6.30 PM
Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays(April-September): 9 AM-9 PM
8. Watch the sunset from Cerro del Tío Pío: One of the enthralling things to do in Madrid is watching the unobstructed sunset from Cerro del Tío Pí. As the sun sets below the horizon, it illuminates the sky in a multitude of colours. Don't forget to carry your camera with you for capturing some stunning photographs. In addition, Cerro del Tío Pí is a lovely locale for hanging out with pals and indulging in picnics with the family.
Location: Calle de Benjamín Palencia, 2, 28038 Madrid, Spain
9. Espacio Abierto: Espacio Abierto offers a splendid atmosphere and a large space. If your kids are coming along with you on the Madrid trip, this place is a must-have in your itinerary. Let them freely run and play on the ground while you gorge into lip-smacking delicacies at the on-site cafeteria.
Location: Calle Juan Ignacio Luca de Tena, 20, 28027 Madrid, Spain
Timing: Wednesday- Sunday: 10 AM- 8 PM | Monday-Tuesday: Closed
10. Shop at San Miguel Market: Shopping at San Miguel Market is one of the iconic activities to do in Madrid. It is quite popular among travellers and lures 10-11 million visitors every year. Here, one can easily spot vendors selling items like Hams, Olives, Baked Goods, Beer and Champagne.
Location: Plaza de San Miguel, s/n, 28005 Madrid, Spain
Timing: 10 AM- 12 AM
Checkout & Book: Alhambra Tickets