1. Take a walk along the Swan River: The Swan River in Perth has a deep significance for the people who live here. It links different parts of the town along its banks, giving the town its picturesque location and inviting tourists to revel in its iconic gaze.
Interestingly, you will find numerous trails running along the river, which makes it the perfect place for a peaceful walk and bike riding, all day and any day of the year. While you are in Perth, you must take a walk along one of these trails for sure.
Location - River Swan, Perth, Western Australia.
2. Visit the Heirisson Islands and meet kangaroos: Located centrally at the Swan River, this island is a perfect getaway for someone who wishes to escape the city life and take a break. This island is popular for its large population of kangaroos, which can be sought resting or hopping around to graze on the grasslands, within this island.
There is a fence that runs along the boundary of the island and restricts the kangaroos from wandering off on their own.
Location - The Causeway, Swan River | East Perth Area, Perth, Western Australia 6004, Australia.
3. Take an evening stroll at the Northbridge: Located a mere short walk’s distance from central Perth, the Northbridge region boasts of a vibrant ambience, complete with local shops, cafes and restaurants, and some of the best bars in the town.
If you are in the mood to experience a nightlife scene in Perth, this will be the best place to be at. Moreover, some of the restaurants here are known very well for their culinary delights.
Location - Cnr William/Aberdeen Streets | North of the Railway Line, Perth, Western Australia 6003, Australia.
4. Shop till you drop at Downtown: The good thing about shopping in Perth is that you get to choose your options, right from a mall to local flea markets. If you are in the mood for some posh splurging, the Murray and Hay Street malls will be the perfect pick for you.
While you are in Downtown, you will also get to see Myer and David Jones departmental stores, which are quite popular here. This area is closed to vehicular traffic, which makes it easier for pedestrians to traverse the roads and shop comfortably.
Location - John Street, Northbridge, Northbridge, 6003 Perth, Australia.
5. Take a binge at the Greenhouse: You cannot complete your trip to Perth without taking a round at this exquisite and innovative restaurant. Rated as one of the best places to have a meal in Perth, there are more facts to astonish you, apart from the zesty meals. This eco-friendly haven serves an international menu and subtly notable are the recycled material used to build almost everything. The vertical gardens covering the walls give this place an eccentric and peaceful look, which is what guests rejoice most of all, while they are here.
Location - 100 St Georges Tce, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia
6. Set out to explore the King’s park: This park is located on Mt. Eliza, and overlooks the city of Perth and the Swan River. Few of the notable features of this park are the botanical gardens, walking trails, dedicated playgrounds, picnic spots and a spectacular view of everything that you can look at.
A DNA tower stands in the middle of the park, which can be climbed after using 101 steps. Depending upon how you would like to spend your time here, you could look for the variety of plant life at the Botanic gardens or take a view of the surroundings.
Location - Fraser Ave, Perth WA 6005, Australia
7. Take a trip to the Caversham Wildlife Park: This family-owned wildlife park is the place to visit if you are interested in knowing about native wildlife in Western Australia. Housed within this park is an exotic variety of plants, birds, mammals, and reptiles.
Out of these, the most unique collection happens to be that of bats, wallabies, kangaroos, wombats, and koalas. Under restricted timings, you can also approach the animals and feed them or get clicked with them. You can catch such a unique and interactive experience only at this wildlife park.
Location - 233B Drumpellier Dr, Whiteman WA 6068, Australia
8. Take a walk across the Mundaring Weir: The Mundaring Weir is popular among visitors in Perth, where they can stroll across the north side of the dam and walk across its wall. A great afternoon outing can be planned to this destination, which is surrounded by scenic sights, picnic areas, and walking trails.
Location - Mundaring Weir Road | Sawyers Valley, Mundaring, Western Australia 6073, Australia
Book Now: Hop On Hop Off Bus Sydney