1. Go on a tour of the Marine Aquarium and Museum: The Marine Aquarium and Museum was established by the Marine Biological Research Station of Ratnagiri in 1985 to highlight the importance of marine wildlife. There are terrific specimens of Sea horse fish, Lionfish, Triggerfish, Sea turtles, Starfish, Lobsters, and sea snakes, etc. displayed here. Moreover, with the Ratnagiri Tour Packages, one can also explore the freshwater aquarium that has been a recent addition.
- Location: On Ratnagiri - Bhagwati Mandir Road, Sadanand Wadi, Ratnagiri, Maharashtra 415612
- Timing: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Price: INR 5 per person
2. Water Activities at Ganpatipule Beach: Ganpatipule Beach on the Konkan Coast is among the best Ratnagiri travel places to spend a fun day of your vacation with your near and dear ones. To add to the spectacular shoreline and scenery of the sandy beach is an ancient Ganesha Temple which is said to be 400 years old. Being a popular tourist attraction, one can find the beach filled with people who are either visiting the sacred sanctuary, lazing around, or indulging in water sports, such as - boat rides, swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, water-scooter rides, etc.
- Location: Konkan Coast, Ganpatipule, Ratnagiri District, Maharashtra
- Timing: 24 hours
Planning A Honeymoon To Lonavala! Then You Should Checkout Lonavala Honeymoon Packages Now!
3. Get blessings at the Parshuram Temple (Mandir): A dedication to the immortal Lord Parshuram, the sixth avatar of Lord Vishnu, this temple is an ancient place of worship that still holds high regard as one of the important Ratnagiri travel places. Built-in 1700 by Swami Paramhans Brahmendra with financial aid from Siddi Rasul Yakut Khan. One can pay their respects and seek blessings of the divine that resides within the astonishingly beautiful temple, the three idols of - Kal, Kam, and Parshuram.
- Location: Sansthan Shri Bhargavram Parshuram At post, Taluka, Parshuram, Chiplun, Maharashtra 415605
- Timing: 6:00 am to 9:00 pm
4. Relive History at the Devgad Fort: Built by Dattajirao Angre in 1729, the Devgad Fort is an important tourist and historical site that one can visit as part of their vacation with Ratnagiri Tour Packages. The fort is situated on the confluence of the Arabian Sea and Devgad Creek, offering amazing views of the endless waters. Devgad also has quite a history with the Britishers trying to conquer it and much more that can be learned about with a tour of the entire vicinity which contains a lighthouse, Ganesh temple, three cannons, and the Bastions.
- Location: Devgad Fort Rd, Devgad, Sindhudurg, Ratnagiri, Maharashtra 416613
- Timing: 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Price: INR 10 per person
Planning A Trip To Silvassa! Checkout Our Best Selling Silvassa Tour Packages Now!
5. Trek your way to Mahipatgad Fort: When someone thinks of Ratnagiri, trekking and verdant hills isn’t the first thought that pops up, but it definitely should. This coastal town is home to several hill forts and is flanked by the Sahyadri Hills on one end which makes for the perfect trekking and camping sites. Among them is the most renowned - Mahipatgad Fort, a hill fortress that dominates the Khed town skyline. To reach the top one has to complete a two-part trek, starting in the village of Wadi-Jaipur to Wadibeldar, and from there to the fort.
- Location: Dahivali, East of Khed City, Ratnagiri District, Maharashtra 415730
- Timing: 24 hours
6. Shopping Spree: The city and the entire district of Ratnagiri are most prominently known for the massive production of delicious and quality Alphonso Mangoes. Thus, if you are visiting during summer, it is a must to come back home with boxes of fruit. For the rest of the year also, one can find mango products like - amboli, aam panna, aam papad, etc. During your shopping endeavors, also look for kokum products and drinks, cashews, and local handicrafts at local bazaars and streets.
- Location: Ratnagiri, Maharashtra
- Timing: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
Planning A Vacation To Lavasa! Checkout Our Best Selling Lavasa Tour Packages Now!
7. Spend a day on Guhagar Beach: Guhagar Beach is among the cleanest and largest beach stretches in the Konkan region. Situated in the Guhagar town in the Ratnagiri District, this serene and pristine beach is perfect for a laid-back and tranquil afternoon. Still not under the tourism radar, the shore remains clear of crowds. There are no water sports available here, but visitors can have a picnic, enjoy a swim or sunbathe all day.
- Location: Konkan Coast, Guhagar City, Ratnagiri District, Maharashtra
- Timing: 24 hours