1. Take a tour of the Royal Palace: Among the largest and most beautiful palaces of the world, the Royal Palace is an incredible place to visit. It is the royal residence of the King of Sweden with more than 600 rooms. There are five museums in the palace. You will discover the stunning interiors from the 18th and 19th centuries in the reception rooms, the royal apartments, the Ordenssalarna, and the Rikssalen. Moreover, the armors and royal costumes from the Royal Stable are also very eye-catching.
Location: Kungliga slottet, 107 70, Stockholm, Sweden
Price: Adult: SEK 160-180, Child(7-17 years): SEK 80
Timing: 10 am-5 pm
2. Go on a fabulous Stockholm Boat Tour: Since Stockholm is built on 14 gorgeous islands, the boat tour is one of the favorite things to do in Stockholm for the visitors. You can go sightseeing as well as have an excursion to the famous archipelago. It is the ideal way to discover the natural beauty of Stockholm through the water. All the sightseeing boat tours offer you everything from shopping for your favorite items to mouth-watering Swedish delicacies. Hence, you can take an outing under the bridges of Stockholm or relish the Royal Canal Tour.
Location: Strandvägskajen 21 kajplats 21, 114 56 Stockholm, Sweden
3. Explore Gamla Stan: Also known as the city's Old Town, Gamla Stan comprises rough streets and buildings painted in vivid colors. It is a residence to the Royal Palace and medieval Storkyrkan cathedral. There are stylish cafes in Gamla Stan, offering new Nordic cuisine, which takes you back to medieval times. You can explore the classy cocktail bars and the old-school pubs. It is, therefore, one of the fantastic things to see in Stockholm. If you are planning to visit in winter, don't forget to visit Julmarknad(Christmas Market), which will give you a fairytale experience.
Location: Gamla Stan, Södermalm, Stockholm, Sweden
4. Visit the Air Museum: Skansen Open is the oldest air museum in the world. The beautiful air museum portrays the history of Sweden and the culture and tradition of Swedish people during the time. Various festivals are celebrated throughout the year in Skansen. Both locals and visitors sing and dance in the concerts during summer, and winters are spent dancing all night around the Christmas trees. No other museum but Skansen Open showcases wild animals. Thus, Skansen remains a popular attraction for tourists throughout the year.
Location: Djurgårdsslätten 49-51, 115 21 Stockholm, Sweden
Price: Adult: SEK 160, Child(4-15 years): SEK 70
Timings: 10 am-5 pm
5. Enjoy Contemporary Photography at Fotografiska Gallery: Exploring Fotografiska Gallery stands top on the list of things to do in Stockholm. It is one of the best places for art lovers where one can enjoy photography by world-famous contemporary artists. Fotografiska Gallery has showcased around 200 exhibitions to over 3.5 million visitors. After exploring the exhibitions at Fotografiska, you can spend your time at bistros, bars, cafés, and museum shops. Hence, the gallery also presents live music shows throughout the year.
Location: Stadsgårdshamnen 22, 116 45 Stockholm, Sweden
Price: Adult: SEK 155-235, Child: Free
Timing: 10 am-8 pm
6. Take a walk along the Djurgården: Famous among both tourists and locals, Djurgården is a tranquil sanctuary in the center of Stockholm. There are many conventional museums and cultural attractions, including waterfront promenades and trails. You can enjoy the panoramic views while taking a walk along the Djurgården, especially during summers. Locals visit this place to have a picnic with their families amid the natural beauty of the Park. If you want some thrilling experience in the park, you can rent bicycles to explore the beautiful forest tracks. Hence, it is one of the best things to do in Stockholm.
Location: Djurgården, Stockholm, Sweden
7. Relive the history of Sweden at the Vasa Museum: Vasa Museum is the most popular attraction in Sweden. The Museum showcases an incredible ship recovered after about 300 years. The extraordinary Vasa battleship was considered to be the dignity of the Swedish Imperial caravan. Many tourists visit this place to watch a movie on the history of the ship. There are also plenty of other memorable tankers like a lightship, an ice breaker, and a torpedo boat.
Location: Galärvarvsvägen 14, 115 21, Stockholm, Sweden
Price: Adult: SEK 150, Child: Free
Timing: 10 am-5 pm
8. Visit ABBA: The Museum ABBA is home to the world-famous Swedish band. It is an interactive exhibition where you can try on ABBA's apparel, play, sing, dance, and enjoy the music with Björn, Benny, Frida, and Agnetha. Hence, it is best for the whole family. Located on the island of Djurgårdrn, ABBA: The Museum is one of the promising tourist attractions in Stockholm. Thus, listening to the music at the museum is one of the best things to do in Stockholm.
Location: Djurgårdsvägen 68, 115 21 Stockholm, Sweden
Price: Adult: SEK 250, Child(7-17 years): SEK 95
Timing: 10 am-8.30 pm