Greece Things to DoClimb Mount Olympus, Scuba Diving, Discover the treasures of Acropolis Museum, Go spelunking at Melissani Cave, Skydiving, Kayaking, Hike the Corfu Trail, Sunbathe at Psarou Beach, Walking tour of Athens and many more.
There are tons of things to do in Greece to experience the best of the fun, adventure and amazement. Whether you’re an adventurous soul, history lover, or a night owl, Greece will satiate your fancies in the best way possible. From strolling around the famous museums to unearthing the country’s treasures to enjoying a wild party at a lively bar, you’ll never be short of options to appease yourself in this vibrant country. You can even enjoy island hopping, or you can try the local dishes at the posh restaurants to satiate your craving for good food.
Other activities in Greece that are a must-try include hiking, camping, and horse riding for an instant adrenaline kick. You can even be a part of the walking city tour to know more about the famous attractions here. If your wanderlust soul still isn’t satisfied, then you will be glad to know that Greece is home to many beautiful beaches where you can enjoy tons of water sports activities like scuba diving, swimming, and snorkeling. You can also opt to be a part of the wine tour to sample the best collection of wines in the country and to know more about the winemaking process.
The kids can also enjoy some of the best activities here, like cooking, pottery classes, and workshops. For an added zest of adventure, the kids can also enjoy fun rides and entertaining shows at the amusement parks. Nature lovers can stroll around the parks and the garden to enjoy wonderful views and breathe some fresh air. If you’re a shopaholic, then you can shop everything under the sun at the best prices at the malls and local bazaars located here. So get ready for a fun-packed adventure and never ending fun by enjoying the best activities on offer over here.
People Also Ask About Greece Things To Do
Which are the best things to do in Greece?1. Climb Mount Olympus: Climbing Mount Olympus is one of the best things to do in Greece to enjoy the breathtaking landscapes from the top of the summit. Mount Olympus is the highest range of the Olympic Mountains, and to reach the top of the summit; you have to traverse through a variety of difficult terrains. Around ten thousand people climb Mount Olympus every year, but most of them are able to reach only the Skolio summit.
Location: Olympus Range, the border between Thessaly and Macedonia.
2. Scuba Diving: Get up close and personal with the marine species by enjoying scuba diving that is considered to be one of the best activities in Greece at Santorini beach that is surrounded by black and red volcanic pebbles on the shores. While diving here, you’ll also get to explore the shipwrecks that got submerged in water over time. The under lava sea cliffs and caves, the largest underwater caldera, and volcanic reefs located inside the water offer a glimpse of a completely different world to the divers.
Location: Akrotiri, South Aegean, Greece.
Price: Rs 3865.
3. Discover the treasures of Acropolis Museum: If you wish to know about the rich history of Greece, then exploring the Acropolis Museum should be one of the best activities in Greece itinerary.
The museum itself is an architectural splendor as it has been made with steel and cutting edge glass. The key highlight of the museum includes Moschophoros, which is the statue of a man holding a calf on his shoulder. You can also witness here some of the age-old artifacts and stunning paintings.
Location: Dionysiou Areopagitou Street, Athens 11742.
Price: Rs 672.812.
Timings: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m- Monday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m-Tuesday – Sunday.
4. Go spelunking at Melissani Cave: One of the best things to do in Greece for honeymoon is spelunking at Melissani Cave, which is an incredibly steep cave known for its breathtaking beauty.
You can go down into the cave through a tunnel that is a bit craggy, and a few people might find it difficult to crawl through it. Inside the cave, you can also witness Melissani Lake, where the couples love to enjoy boating.
Location: the island of Kefalonia, northwest of Sami,
5. Skydiving: Soar the skies as you enjoy skydiving from Pachi, which is a stunning village with small straw huts, beautiful farms, and estuaries. As you jump from an airplane from the skydiving spot here, you will feel like a free bird.
The best thing is that you can try here all types of skydiving experiences such as tandem, static line, and accelerated free fall. The drop zones here are well equipped and have the latest technology to ensure the safety of the rider, making it one of the best activities in Greece.
Location: Megara (LGMG) Civil Aviation Airport of Pachi, Megara.
Price: Tandem jump from twelve thousand feet – Rs 17712.
6. Kayaking: This is one of the best things to do in Greece to pace up your adrenaline level and to have an experience of a lifetime. As you paddle your kayak on the turquoise blue water of Santorini beach, you’ll not only enjoy spectacular views, but you’ll also feel the ultimate thrill and adventure. If you’re not experienced in this water sport, then a guide will accompany you to ensure your safety.
Location: Akrotiri, South Aegean, Greece.
Price: Rs 600 per person.
7. Hike the Corfu Trail: One of the most adrenaline rushing activities in Greece is hiking the Corfu Trail. The path here is well marked and has abundant greenery offering you a splendid view of nature.
You’ll find small cafes on the way where you can relish some of the best local delicacies. The entire trail spans around two twenty kilometers, and it will take eight to ten days to cover the entire distance by walking.
Location: Oushak Of 5, 49100, Corfu, Greece.
8. Sunbathe at Psarou Beach: If you’re a beach bum, then one of the best activities in Greece is sunbathing at Psarou Beach, which is known for its signature blue sun loungers. This beach always has a hardcore party atmosphere, and is dotted with bars and restaurants where you can drink, dance, and have the best food. You’ll also find some yachts sitting offshore to give the tourists an entire tour of the beach.
Location: Psarou Beach road, Psarou 291 00 Greece.
9. Walking tour of Athens: If you wish to discover the splendid attractions of Greece, then the walking tour of Athens should be your ideal choice.
During this tour, the guide will not only tell you about the history of the architectural masterpieces, but he will also take you through the hidden gems of the country that even locals don’t know about. This tour will cover the attractions such as National Gardens, Acropolis, Zappeion Hall, and Nike Temple.
Price: Rs 3150.
10. Wine Tour: If you’re looking for the best things to do in Greece, then you should tour the vineyards that produce the best wines in the region.
You can indulge in a wine tasting session, and you can also know about the way wines are produced during this tour. The experienced sommelier will also unfurl the history of the winemaking and will tell you the right way to serve wines in a glass during this tour.
Price: Rs 2200.
What are the romantic things to do in Greece?1. Candlelight dinner: Enjoy a cordon bleu meal in an enchanting setting of candles with your partner at the famous restaurants in Greece that know all the tactics to make you fall in love with each other again.
2. Take a Caldera Cruise: Taking a Caldera Cruise is one of the best things to do in Greece for honeymoon seekers to uncover Santorini beach’s beauty and to reclaim your lost love. You’ll also get a chance to enjoy a Greek meal with unlimited beer and wine during the tour.
3. Party in Mykonos: Partying in Mykonos with your partner is one of the best things to do in Greece for a honeymoon as it is considered to be the ultimate party destination in the world. Full of amazing music, neverending dancing, and delectable cocktails, the lively clubs of Mykonos are the best bet for couples.
4. Enjoy a couple spa session: Pamper yourself in the plush comfort of the famous spas in Greece, where the experts will offer you and your partner soothing massages in the same room equipped with charismatic aroma and lovely ambiance.
What are the things to do in Greece at night?1. Watch a film at an open-air cinema: One of the best things to do in Greece at night is to watch your favorite movie at the open-air cinema in the moonlight. The outdoor cinemas here have a big screen, and they provide you the novelty of sitting in the warmth of the starry sky for an ultimate Athenian nighttime experience.
2. Walk along Polignoto: Another nighttime activity that you must enjoy in Greece is walking along Polignoto from Thissio. In the night, the area gets covered by total darkness, but you’ll find here glowing Acropolis that acts as your guide to make your walk extremely magical.
3. Enjoy skating: Get ready for an adrenaline rush during the nighttime hours by enjoying skating at Latraac skate bowl and café that stay open even at night. If you go a little early over here, then you can also enjoy amazing food.
4. Get high at the rooftop bars: You wish to enjoy the best of views, drinks, and food during the nightly hours, then the rooftop bars in Greece should be your ideal spot. They not only offer spectacular views but are also known for their uber-chic ambiance.
What are the things to do in Greece with kids?1. Ride the Athens Happy Train: Riding the little green or red toy like Athens Happy Train is one of the best things to do in Greece with kids. This forty-minute ride will help you explore the historical center of Athens along with the famous monuments and ancient sites.
2. Enjoy snacks at Little KooK café: Give your kids a happy treat as you enjoy coffee and snacks at this fairy tale themed restaurant that is located in the Psiri neighborhood. It has been styled around Halloween and Christmas themes and has a lively ambiance and dining here is considered to be one of the best things to do in Greece with kids.
3. Admire the views from Mount Lycabettus: This is one of the most interesting things to do in Greece with kids as a cable car takes you up to Mount Lycabettus, and this ride itself guarantees a unique experience. As you reach on the top, you can enjoy the breathtaking panorama, and you can also grab an ice cream from the café located there.
4. Watch the changing of the guards at the central square of Athens: Watching the changing of the guards at the central square of Athens is one of the best things to do in Greece with kids. The kids can also feed here pigeons while watching this celebratory moment.
What can you do in Greece for free?1. Enjoy a picnic at The National Garden: Take a break from the hustle and bustle of the city life and enjoy a picnic in this giant park that has a zoo, a botanical museum, as well as a small pond. It also has a café where you can enjoy tasty food and drinks.
2. Admire The Archaeological Wonders In Metro Stations: This is one of the free things to do in Greece if you’re a history enthusiast and love to admire the archeological gems. You can witness many archaeological artifacts on the upper level of the Panepistimio, Acropolis, Syntagma, and Monastiraki metro stations.
3. Enjoy spectacular views from Filopappou Hill: Known to be a climber’s paradise, Filopappou Hill is one of the best places to enjoy the majestic views of Athens. You can also grab a beer from the nearby kiosk over here.
4. Admire the artwork at the Municipal Gallery of Athens: If you’re tight on the budget, then one of the best things that you can do in Greece is admiring the artwork and the beautiful paintings at Municipal Gallery of Athens that offers free entry to the visitors.
Which are the best places to shop in Greece?1. Ermou Street: Known to be a shoppers paradise, you can find here retail stores as well as some branded shops that offer everything ranging from footwear to jewelry and clothes to handicraft items. It also houses the Greek department store from where you can buy groceries and everyday items.
2. Central Market: Located in the central region of Athens, this vibrant market is famed for selling fresh Greek foods like seafood, fruits, spices, olives, and cheese. You can also find here farmers selling the best spices and dry fruits.
3. Avissinias Street: This is an antique market located between Ermou Street and Ifestou Street in Athens. You can find here abundant goodies ranging from antique furniture to books and handicrafts to jewelry. Some of the lively cafes are also located here where you can relish tasty cuisines.
4. The Plaka: This shopping district is known for its souvenir shops from where you can buy some of the best mementos for your family and friends. It also has some of the most lively restaurants that offer the most lip-smacking local cuisines.
Which are the prettiest places in Greece?1. Santorini Island: Santorini nestled in the Aegean Sea is a beautiful island that houses traditional whitewashed houses and offers splendid sights of the ocean. You can also find here some of the best restaurants, bars, cafes, and hotels for never ending entertainment and fun.
2. Mykonos: This is a lively island in the Aegean region that is known for its breathtaking beauty and surreal views. It has some of the best beaches where you can enjoy sunbathing as well as tons of water sports activities.
3. Nafplio: This is the most beautiful Greek seaport town known for its ancient walls, monuments, statues, neoclassical and Venetian buildings. You’ll also witness here Turkish fountains, narrow cobblestone alleys, and historic buildings.
4. Samaria Gorge: It is one of the most splendid Greek tourist attractions that houses a biosphere reserve as well as the unspoiled island of Crete. You can walk through this beautiful gorge and enjoy the breathtakingly high cliffs.
How can I reach Greece?- By Flight: This is one of the best ways to reach Greece as the country is connected to a major portion of the world by airways. Elefthérios Venizélos International Airport is the main airport in Athens from where many international, as well as domestic flights, operate, including Etihad, Alitalia, Turkish Airlines, and more.
- By Sea: Cruise is another feasible option to reach Greece from the Mediterranean countries. Many ferries operate from ports like Venice, Egypt, and Cyprus, to name a few.
- By Train: If you wish to travel to Greece from the neighboring European countries like Turkey, the Netherlands, or Italy, then the trains can be the best option.
What are the best adventure activities in Greece?1. Motorboating: Get ready for the kick of adventure as you enjoy motorboating at Surfline Rhodes that houses some of the best water sports centers. While motorboating here, you can enjoy the splendid sceneries and show your skills of driving through the water.
2. Paddleboarding: This is one of the best things to do in Greece to pace up your adrenaline level and to register some unique experiences in your memory lane. While doing this activity, the rider stands upright on a board and uses a paddle for moving over the water.
3. Snorkeling: Explore the underwater world as you enjoy snorkeling at Santorini beach that is known to be the home to a large number of aquatic species and coral reefs. If you’re a novice, then the experienced divers will train you to move swiftly through the currents of the sea.
4. Jet skiing: This is one of the best things to do in Greece at Falassarna beach. The thrill of riding over the waves on a watercraft makes this activity a hit amongst the water sports lovers.
What is the best time to visit Greece?Spring (April until mid-June) & Autumn (September- October) is considered to be the best time to visit Greece as the crowd is less and the weather is extremely pleasant during this time of the year.
What is Greece famous for?1. The Parthenon Temple: This is the most important landmark in Greece dedicated to Athena, who is considered to be the Goddess of wisdom, inspiration, law, and justice, and courage.
2. The Greek Islands: The islands in Greece exceed a whopping number of 2,500 or 6,000, with around one seventy of them being inhabited. The most important group of islands include the Cyclades, the Ionian Islands, the Dodecanese, the Sporades, the Argosaronic islands and the Northeastern Aegean.
3. Greek food: The local cuisine of Greece is an absolute hit amongst the visitors. Everything here ranging from falafel to fasolatha and gyros to koulouri and feta cheese is a must-have to satiate your cravings for tasty food.
4. The Acropolis: This is an ancient citadel situated on a limestone hill that was the site of important buildings, such as the Parthenon, the Theatre of Dionysus, and the Erechtheion.
Is it safe to go to Greece?Yes, it is absolutely safe to go to Greece as the crime rate over here is low, and you won’t find notorious elements present here. You should, however, refrain from walking alone in the uncrowded and dark areas at night. It's also advised taking care of your personal belongings when you go outside to stay away from the chances of burglary.
Which is the off-season in Greece?The end of September through April is considered to be the offseason in Greece, and during this time, very fewer tourists travel to the country owing to the harsh weather and fewer opportunities to indulge in water sports activities.
How many days are enough in Greece?You’ll need at least seven days to explore the splendid attractions of Greece.
- On the first day, you can explore Athens that is known for its architectural marvels. Acropolis, the Ancient Agora, the Dionysus Theater, and Hadrian’s Library should be a must-visit on the first day.
- Reserve your second day to visit the symbolic monuments of Athens, such as the Temple of Olympian Zeus and Syntagma Square.
- Dedicate your third day to visit Meteora that is known for its spectacular Meteora monasteries.
- On the fourth day, you can visit Mykonos that is known to be the home to a peculiar pelican community.
- Reserve your fifth day to explore the Mykonos Beaches that are known for their clear water and lovely cafes.
- On the sixth day, you can visit Santorini, which is known for its Metropolitan Orthodox Cathedral and whitewashed buildings.
- Reserve your last day to visit the beautiful beaches of Santorini.
Is Greece worth visiting for the honeymoon?Yes, Greece is worth visiting for a honeymoon as it has the best beaches, olive gardens, beautiful valleys and mighty valleys that present before you the greatest wonders of nature. The Greek islands are further bliss for the couples who love to enjoy the sand, surf and the sun.
Which are the best things to do in Santorini?1. Watch the sunset in Oia: Oia is one of the best places in Santorini island to watch the iconic sunset during which the entire area gets draped into orangish hues. The blue dome churches located amongst whitewashed buildings offer the perfect setting to see the sun going down.
2. Sunset cruise: This is one of the best things to do in Greece for a fun-filled experience. From the catamaran, you can enjoy the splendid view of the white towns located on the rim of caldera, and you can even enjoy delicious food and drinks during the tour.
3. Go wine tasting: Santorini is home to many wineries that claim to produce the best wine in the world, considering the fact that Assyrtiko is the grape grown here that is used while making these wines. During the wine tour, you’ll get a chance to sample the best wines, and you’ll also get a know-how of the winemaking process.
Which is the most famous destination in Greece for couples?1. Hydra: This is a small island known for its mesmerizing ports and Greek architectural wonders. You can explore the whole island on a donkey, and you can even enjoy swimming in its crystal clear beaches.
2. Santorini: This is the honeymoon paradise for the couples as you can relish here traditional food fare, and you can even enjoy swimming, jet skiing, and scuba diving on the breathtaking beaches. With whitewashed buildings and old churches, this island gives an otherworldly feel to the visitors.
3. Nafplio: Dotted with ancient walls, medieval monuments, and statues, beautiful castles, Ottoman fountains, and neoclassical buildings, Nafplio is a must-visit destination for the couples.
Which are the unexplored places in Santorini?1. Chalki village: This is the hidden gem of Greece known for its churches and old mansions that are testimony to the immense wealth this village once had.
2. Milos: This is a beautiful island that is known for its unexplored sandy and unique beaches where you can enjoy swimming and diving. The Venus de Milo sculpture was also discovered here, but it has now found a new home in the famous Louvre in Paris.
3. Skala Erresos: This is a small village located on the Lesvos island and is known to be the birthplace of Sappho, who was a lesbian poet. The village houses a gorgeous beach where you’ll find monuments and statues to honor Sappho’s work.
Is cruise a good way to see Greece?Yes, a cruise is one of the best ways to see Greece as you’ll not only be able to enjoy the mesmerizing views of the splendid landscapes, but you’ll also be able to relish exotic food and drinks during the tour.
Which are the famous places to eat local cuisines in Greece?1. Tudor Hall: If you’re looking to relish the mouth-watering local cuisines, then you must visit Tudor Hall, which is a famous restaurant in Greece. They use seasonal fresh ingredients and have a wide array of delicious dishes on their menu.
2. Ambrosia Restaurant: From lip-smacking gyros to spicy koulouri and mouth-watering fasolatha you can relish the best local cuisines at this ultra-chic restaurant. They have a lively ambiance, and the staff is very friendly and polite.
3. Feyrouz: Tucked away in a quiet street, this restaurant is the hotspot for having oriental infused classic dishes in Greece. The fresh salads, gyros, and delicious soups served here are bound to impress your taste buds.
4. Kioftes: This is a charming little spot where you can try the best falafel, koulouri, hand-cut fries, and meatballs. You can also have Greek coffee here that is roasted on a hovoli and has a unique taste.
Where Can I go to Island Hopping in Greece?
Island Hopping is another such activity which most the visitors love to go ahead with when they travel this beautiful country. There are multiple locations where a traveler likes to spend a day or two and then they travel to another one. Some of the popular destinations in this regard are:
You may do extensive research on the net to plan our best itinerary for the purpose. A professional agent is although the best option, but still, you are the one who needs to decide on which place you want to go as per your taste and other suitability.
What are the most romantic things to do in Birmingham for couples?
1. See the makings of Harry Potter at Warner Bros Studio: One of the must do things in Birmingham for couples is to visit the Warner Bros Studio and retrace the footsteps of Harry Potter. It is here where you and your partner can discover Harry’s world of magic, as you board the Hogwarts Express, stroll down Diagon Alley, or take a look into the Cupboard under the Stairs. You can also visit the film sets and see the actual costumes and props that were used in the films.
2. Indulge in a romantic boat ride in the canal: When in Birmingham, hop onto a narrowboat and enjoy a romantic ride in the canal. The city has many canals, from where you can enjoy gorgeous sunsets and panoramic sceneries as you cruise along the calm waters with your significant other.
3. Unwind at the Winterbourne House & Garden: For a more romantic experience, you can visit the unique Winterbourne House and Garden, which dates back to the Edwardian eras, and soak in verdant views of beautiful antiques and more than 6000 plant and flower species. You can also unwind here by walking through the woodland walk, the hazelnut tunnel or the 1930’s Japanese bridge.
4. Take a stroll in Sutton Park: Taking a romantic stroll in the quaint English countryside is a dream, and there is no better place than Sutton Park in Birmingham to make those dreams come true. Amongst the largest urban parks in Europe, Sutton Park boasts of ancient woodlands, heathlands, wetlands as well as marshes, in addition to many different species of flora and fauna, lakes, play areas and more.