1. Visit Bran Castle: During your trip, one of the must things to do in Romania will be visiting The Bran Castle which is well maintained and depicts the real life story of Draculas. Explore the castle to witness the spawning of the Count Dracula, the original vampire legend which was said to roam the shadowy halls. Bran Castle in Transylvania is one of the prominent historic places which is known for procreating the authentic vampire legend of Count Dracula.
Location: Strada General Traian Mo?oiu 24, Bran 507025, Romania
Ticket prices: Starting from 9.83 leu
Timings: Monday: 12PM – 5 PM
Tuesday – Sunday: 9 AM – 6 PM
2. Checkout Pales castle: Peles Castle was the first European castle to have electricity in addition to hot and cold running water, central heating and central vacuum system. The main collections which you’ll find here are the ceramics collection, the clock collection, the collection of silver work and common metal and the glassware collection makes it one of the important things to do in Romania.
Location: Aleea Pele?ului 2, Sinaia 106100, Romania
Timings: Tuesday: 9:15 – 17:00
Wednesday: 10:00 – 17:00
Thursday-Sunday: 9:15 – 17:00
Price: Starting from 24.6 to 49.2 leu
3. Explore Brasov's old town: Visit Brasov's old town to explore the rich history and culture while viewing from the top basking on the picturesque landscape. You can explore the Mount to explore the stunning mountain views while you seek out skiing.
Visiting and learning about the history of the Black Church, Tampa Cable Car, Telecabina and historic Council House are some of the best activities to do in Romania. Take a tour to the stunning salt mine, Jesus statue day tour, Prejmer Citadel to experience the majestic sculptures which make it one of the most crucial things to do in Romania.
Location: Central Romania (Bra?ov County)
Timings: Mon. - Sun. 11 am - 12 am
Admission fare: Starting from 9.245 leu approximately
Children 7 y.o. and younger: free
4. Admire Painted monasteries: Explore the admirable painted monasteries to witness the beauty and grandeur of the majestic structures depicting ancient history and culture. The stunning Humorului Monastery founded in 1530, contains a multitude of stunning frescoes and a variety of collectibles dating back to the 16th century.
The most renowned of painted monasteries is the Voronet Monastery, founded in 1488 which was built to commemorate the triumph at the Battle of Vaslui. The monastery features marvelous wall paintings, abundance of frescoes which is popularly known as Voronet Blue.
Location: Hwy DN2K 732. Arbore
Timing: 8am to 7pm
Price: adult - 5; students - 2 lei
5. Visit Fortified churches: Explore the stunning fortified churches in Transylvania to witness the picturesque scenery and relive the intriguing history dating back to the Roman Empire. These fortified churches were always built in the center of town, and strategically placed on hilltops to protect them from the attackers.
The fortified church of Biertan is listed among the UNESCO World Heritage is located in Biertan, Sibiu County. Explore the well preserved stone carved pulpit, original altar, pews which date back to the 16 th Century. The distinct locking system of the marital prison in one of the towers and vestry door is worth noticing.
Admission fees: Approx 11.61 leu
6. Mark your presence at Sighisoara citadel: Mark your presence at Sighisoara citadel which currently is the only inhabited medieval fortress in South-East Europe. Explore the Sighisoara citadel to discover the medieval German architecture depicting the cultural heritage which was built in the 12th Century by the Saxons.
You can also explore the stunning fortress’s walls, visit majestic churches and other historic buildings by availing the walking tour which is accompanied by professional tour guides. Visiting the most attractive tourist destinations like Piat Cetaltti, The Citadel Square, The Clock Tower, The Mayor's House or Casa Primarului, Tinsmiths Tower and Ironsmiths Tower Is one of the most important things to do in Romania.
Location: Central Romania(Mures County)
Tour fare: Starting from 163.94 leu approximately.
7. Witness the Palace of Culture: Explore the Palace of Culture to witness the Gothic Revival and Neoclassical architecture style marking it as the end of Romanticism in Romanian architecture style.
Exploring the city’s most renowned palace consisting of 298 rooms, four museums, art galleries, crenels, armored cavaliers and historical artifacts is one of the best activities to do in Romania. Checkout the four stunning museums that now reside inside the castle, namely the Ethnographic Museum, Art Museum, History Museum, Science and Technical Museum.
Location: Bulevardul ?tefan cel Mare ?i Sfânt 1, Ia?i 700028, Romania
Timings: All round the week from 10 am to 5 pm except Monday.
Admission fare: Approximately 49.16 leu
8. Stop by the Statue of king Decebalus: Explore the Statue of King Decebalus to witness the stunning 40 meter tall bearded stone face architecture which looms over the Danube River. The colossal rock sculpture is surrounded by the breathtaking landscape of the Romanian side which overlooks the stunning Iron Gates.
Witness the grandeur with which it was constructed in the memory of the last king, King Decebalus who protected the land from infiltrators. The base of the tallest rock sculpture has inscriptions in Latin which depict Decebal Rex, Dragan Fecit, or "King Decebalus, made by Dragan.
Location: DN57 | The Danube's Rocky Bank, Dubova, Romania
Admission fare: Approximately from 69912 leu.