1. Dal Lake: Perhaps the most iconic and most romantic stop on your Jammu and Kashmir honeymoon packages is the pristine and stunning Dal Lake. Here, you can take a boat ride with your partner while checking out the exceptional natural beauty of the place.
Location: Srinagar, Jammu Kashmir, India.
2. Vaishno Devi Temple: Vaishno Devi is an important pit-stop on your Kashmir honeymoon packages, since it is an extremely popular tourist attraction. The whole temple is said to grant wishes and a trip to its gates marks an auspicious start to your new relationship.
Location: Bhavan, Katra, Jammu and Kashmir 182301.
3. Gulmarg: Gulmarg is one of the most beautiful places ever, consisting of endless snow-covered landscapes and dark green coniferous trees amongst which you can walk and ski and enjoy an unforgettable time.
Location: Pir Panjal Mountain Ranges, Jammu and Kashmir.
4. Sonmarg: Sonmarg is another breathtaking viewpoint that you can explore as part of your Kashmir honeymoon packages. It is also ideal for adventure-loving couples who want to hike or go horse-riding.
Location: Jammu and Kashmir.
5. Doodhpathri: For an experience that is going to be speechless, you must visit Doodhpathri in the small town of Budgam. The place consists of a series of lush meadows, grazing cattle and the incredibly beautiful Himalayan mountains.
Location: Budgam Jammu and Kashmir, 185102.
1. Go boating on the Pangong Tso lake: This striking blue lake in Ladakh is one of the most beautiful places in Jammu and Kashmir. You can rent a boat and go rowing with your partner while surrounded by the incredible beauty of nature is surely going to become a highlight of your trip.
Price: INR 500 for an hour.
2. Walk amongst the flowers in Indira Gandhi Tulip Garden: The Indira Gandhi Tulip Garden is a stunning gallery of colourful tulips that grow in rows of yellow, red and white. The garden has been maintained meticulously, and walking amongst these gorgeous flowers is a very romantic activity.
Price: INR 50 per person.
3. Horse-riding in Sonamarg: The rocky terrain of Sonamarg in Jammu and Kashmir is perfect for an exciting, yet relaxing and romantic horse-riding session with your significant other. You can book a tour as part of your Jammu honeymoon tour package.
Price: INR 2000 for a ride.
4. Explore the floating markets on the Dal Lake: The Dal Lake is an iconic attraction in Jammu and Kashmir, and you experience the full natural beauty of the place, you can check out the flowers, fruits, fabrics and food that are sold on boats that float on the surface of the lake.
Price: INR 1000 approx.
1. Trekking: Nothing is quite as exciting as going on a trek with your partner through some of the most beautiful places in the country. Some famous treks in Jammu and Kashmir include the Kashmir Great Lakes Trek, Markha Valley Trek, Tarsar Marsar Trek, etc.
2. Jeep safari: Jammu and Kashmir honeymoon tour packages can arrange for a thrilling jeep safari through beautiful places like the Dachigam National Park, which has a rich collection of flora and fauna.
3. Skiing: Jammu and Kashmir with its snow-capped mountains and snow-covered valleys is the perfect place to go skiing. It is also an exotic adventure that you can enjoy with your new spouse. One of the best places to ski is in the town of Gulmarg.
4. Gondola Cable Ride: When you are in Gulmarg, you can also get on a Gondola, which is a cable car that floats over the stunning mountains and valleys of Kashmir, which you can observe from a bird’s eye view in your own private car.
5. Camping: Jammu and Kashmir honeymoon tour packages also include specially crafted camping trips which is one of them most romantic activities to enjoy in the state. Camping outdoors under the starry night sky with your partner is a great way to make memories on your honeymoon.
1. The Grand Dragon, Ladakh: This incredible 5-star hotel offers you world-class luxury amenities such as suite rooms, mountain view rooms, spas, in-house restaurants and cafes and much more. The luxury services are perfect for a honeymooning couple to enjoy their time in Jammu and Kashmir.
Location: Union Territory of Ladakh, Old Leh Road, Sheynam, Leh, Jammu and Kashmir 194101.
Price: INR 10,000 per night.
2. The Khyber Himalayan Resort & Spa: Booking a room in the gorgeous Khyber Himalayan Resort & Spa is like living in a glass palace, surrounded by the icy Himalayan mountains. The hotel has its own indoor pool, ski arena and other unique amenities for a romantic stay.
Location: Hotel Khyber Road, Forest Block, Jammu and Kashmir 193403.
Price: INR 2,000.
3. WelcomeHotel Pine n’ Peak: WelcomeHotel, with its stunning mountain-view rooms, colonial architecture and beautiful in-house restaurant is one of the most romantic places to stay with your partner when you are on your honeymoon in Jammu and Kashmir.
Location: Aru Road, Pahalgam Pahalgam Jammu and Kashmir, 192126.
Price: INR 9,000 per night.
4. Hotel Heaven: Hotel Heaven is located in the middle of a stunning green valley that is surrounded by green forests and ranges of the Himalayas. The rooms come with warm lighting, wooden panelling and their in-house restaurant offers a breathtaking view of the surrounding countryside.
Location: Opposite Amusement Park, Pahalgam Jammu and Kashmir, 192401.
Price: INR 5,000 per night.
1. Srinagar: Srinagar, with its lakes, mountains, shops and valleys is one of the most romantic places to visit when you are booking your Kashmir honeymoon packages. It is also home to the famous Dal Lake.
2. Pahalgam: Few places are as beautiful and untouched by the human hand as Pahalgam. This is a must-see destination on your Jammu and Kashmir honeymoon packages. Here, you can see fresh streams rushing over rocky valleys and the full splendour of the Himalayas as you trek through the valley.
3. Sanasar: Sanasar is paradise for adventure-loving couples, and can be included in specialized tours as part of your Kashmir honeymoon packages. Here, you can enjoy activities such as trekking, parasailing, rock climbing and parasailing with your partner.
4. Bhaderwah: The rolling green hills and valleys is the perfect place to retreat into with your spouse on your honeymoon. This small town is an important tourist destination, and you can even enjoy a comfortable meal with a view in one of their many restaurants.
1. Legends Pub: While most outdoor tourist attractions close down after sunset, you can always check out cool diners, restaurants and bars such as Legend’s Pub, which remains open till the late hours of the night.
2. Royal Bar: If you want to enjoy a romantic drink with your partner, you can also explore places like Royal Bar as part of your Kashmir honeymoon packages. The bar serves a selection of premium drinks as well as delicious local food.
3. Falak – The Revolving Restaurant: For an unforgettable meal in Jammu and Kashmir with your partner, you must visit Falak – a restaurant that is located in the higher floors of a building with a panoramic view of the gorgeous snow-clad mountains at night.
4. Jammu Club: For couples who love to party, you can always check out the happening Jammu Club which regularly hosts famous DJs and plays some of the best music in town for you to groove to.
The best time to visit Jammu and Kashmir is between the months of March to May. This is the time when the bitter cold season has passed and it is springtime in the valley.
You should book your Jammu and Kashmir honeymoon packages during this time of the year, since it is off-season for tourists and you can avail extra special deals and discounts. It is also the most beautiful time, when all the flowers are in bloom, and you can enjoy both snow-capped mountains, as well as the lush green valleys of Jammu and Kashmir.
Jammu and Kashmir honeymoon tour packages that are scheduled for a 7-8 days trip is enough to explore all the wonderful attractions that the state has to offer.
Within the span of a week, you can explore the many lakes and floating markets in Srinagar, explore the rivers and valleys in adjoining towns, enjoy a few adventure activities in Gulmarg and Pahalgam and even find time for a few romantic getaways to secluded spots.
Yes, Jammu and Kashmir is one of the most beautiful places in the world. In fact, it is referred to as “Paradise on Earth” and the “Switzerland of the East.”
These aptly describe the incredible natural beauty of Jammu and Kashmir, which makes for the perfect romantic environment for a honeymoon. You can also enjoy exciting sports and adventures tours when you book a Jammu honeymoon tour package, so that every single moment of your honeymoon is made worthwhile and memorable.
There are several exciting souvenirs you can take back from your honeymoon including:
- Kashmiri shawls
- Authentic woollen and hand-woven dress material
- Traditional jewellery
- Wooden handicraft items.
Yes, the popular tourist spots and city-centres are very safe, and couples will have no trouble when they are visiting. However, it is important to keep track of the inaccessible places, and those that require permits, to avoid any unprecedented troubles.