1. Lonavala: Undoubtedly, a name you are ought to find on Maharashtra honeymoon package is that of Lonavala. This scenic hill station with foggy skies and cozy ambiance has been a regular for residents of nearby cities like Pune, Mumbai and Nagpur. And there is a reason why it continues to keep calling them back.
The monsoons here particularly turn the hill station into a paradise for love birds to spend some quality time overlooking valley views and therapeutic skies. The cozy weather clubbed with mesmerising scenic views sure makes it worthy of a pick on your Maharashtra honeymoon tour.
Location: Lonavala is located in Pune district of Maharashtra, approximately 64 kilometers from Pune city.
2. Lavasa: Built in Italian style of construction and architecture, Lavasa is a beautifully designed planned city. If the idea of taking long walks with your spouse in this dreamy structured land fascinates you, then you are advised to make a note of its name and other details.
While here, you can go to Temghar dam to get an overlooking view of the entire city or go to lake Promenade for a gastronomic tour.
Location: Crafted in the Mulshi valley of Sahyadri range of mountains, Lavasa is located near Pune city in Maharashtra.
3. Khandala: Popularly known as the twin hill of Lonavala, Khandala is where Bollywood blockbusters like Ghulam were shot. Being a favourite for many ever since, the hill station is heaven for nature lovers. Infact, this hill station is also a pick for adventure lovers as one can try out several adventure sport activities like rock climbing, rappelling here.
So if you or your spouse or the both of you are the thrill seeking souls, Khandala is the place to be. Here you can go rock climbing at Tiger’s leap, stroll around the Bhushi lake, climb Lohagad fort for stunning hill views or simply choose to relax in the lap of nature.
A trip to Khandala can easily be clubbed with a tour to Lonavala, as both the hill stations are located at a mere distance of 4 to 5 kilometers.
Location: Khandala, Lonavala’s twin hill is situated at a distance of about 4 kilometres from Lonavala, 12 kilometres from Khopoli and from Karjat, another famous tourist destination in Maharashtra.
4. Kamshet: Honeymooners wanting to ditch the stereotype can make their way to Kamshet; a destination best known for paragliding. This paragliding activity allows one to fly over the majestic Western ghats and experience an aerial view of the stunning mountains. Except for this, honeymooners can actively indulge in a number of other activities like trek to Tikona fort or Kondeshwar temple, camp at Utsan or Pawna lake.
Surrounded by the Sahyadris, Kamshet offers some of the best treks for enthusiasts and the opportunity to explore the region on foot. It is because of these distinctive factors that Kamshet makes it on the unconventional list of Maharashtra honeymoon tour packages.
Location: The beautiful village of Kamshet is located in Mawal taluka of Pune district of state of Maharashtra.
5. Alibaug: Alibaug, a pretty laid back town in Maharashtra state, located on the Konkan coastline. It is a famous weekend getaway for Mumbai and Pune residents. The destination is famous for beautiful beaches in and around the town. A perfect place for honeymooners to spend some sea-time in peace, romanticising their newly done marriage.
The place will do perfect justice to your wanderings if you and your spouse are sand and sea admirers. Maharashtra honeymoon tour packages are incomplete without the mention of this popular tourist destination which is certainly a safe pick for honeymooners!
Location: The coastal town of Alibag is located in Raigad district of Maharashtra, south of the city of Mumbai.
6. Mahabaleshwar: This gorgeous getaway settled in the western ghats of Maharashtra has to be your ultimate pick for Maharashtra honeymoon tour if you are fascinated by mesmerising views of majestic peaks, rivers, and valleys. Be it a relaxed ride of boating or thrilling adventure of paragliding or even taking up a scenic trek into the woods, be assured to spend some romantic time with your spouse here in between nature.
Thank the ever pleasant weather, stunning scenic views and entertainment options. Even the simple joy of watching a sunset, holding hand in hand with your partner is going to be worthy of being cherished forever. Oh, and don’t forget picking strawberries from the farms and taking a dip into clean waters of cascading falls.
Location: Mahabaleshwar is settled in the western ghats of Satara district in Maharashtra
7. Panchgani: Panchgani is another hill station for honeymooners to take up their vacation at. With several tourist places such as the table land, Kaas plateau, Sydney point and more, this hill station is a must spot on Maharashtra honeymoon tour packages. The availability of many adventure sports, entertainment options, scenic views plus mystical weather all adds up for it being an ideal location for honeymooners.
This hill station is popularly clubbed with a visit to Mahabaleshwar; and like in Mahabaleshwar, Panchgani also has picturesque landscapes of hills, plateaus, and valleys, and also of colonial period buildings as this hill station was considered as a summer getaway during the British era.
Location: Panchgani is located at a distance of just 19 kilometers from Mahabaleshwar, as it is a part of the same mountain ranges.
8. Igatpuri: What makes Igatpuri mark its presence on Maharashtra honeymoon tour packages is its pleasant day weather and foggy winter nights. Surrounded by mountains from all sides, this hill station has everything you need for a romantic getaway with your partner. Other than being an easy escape from the city chaos, Igatpuri has a number of other hamlets located in the nearby vicinity.
These are easy one - day visits that have the potential of making your honeymoon all the more vibrant and memorable. If you and your spouse are fond of spending time in nature, take dips in a cascading waterfall, camp under a sky full of stars and enjoy sun set in between valleys, you can settle for Igatpuri from the Maharashtra honeymoon package.
1. Visit the Strawberry Fields: Your honeymoon to Mahabaleshwar is incomplete without a visit to the strawberry farms here. Take up the opportunity of tasting the most freshly grown strawberries of this hill station and pack some to take back home.
Pamper your partner with the farm to table, organic healthy lifestyle experience. And don’t miss out on hand picking the best strawberries yourself! That is sure to make your spouse feel extra special!
Entry fees: INR 100 per head, on average
Timings: 10 am to 6 pm on all days
Location: Can be experienced at Laxmi Farms - House Number 45, Patil, Old Mahabaleshwar- on Nakinda Road
2. Go Camping at Pawna Lake: A beautiful artificial lake located at a distance of just 17 kilometres from Kamshet village, an overnight lakeside camping trip is all you need for a night full of romance under the open sky.
Away from the city noise, share conversations around the bonfire, stargaze for the entire night and tuck yourselves inside warm blankets. Sure sounds romantic right?
Entry fees: No entry fees are charged.
Timings: Evening to morning activity, on all days
Location: Can be experienced at multiple campsites functional at Pawna Lake
3. Spend a day at Sula Vineyards: Imagine strolling hand in hand in and around the vineyards, watching some of the best wine in the country being made and sipping on a couple of glasses for the hazy night ahead. A visit to Sula’s Tasting Cellar will surely pique your interest in the drink as the guide takes you through five steps of tasting wines.
If you enjoy this experience, then you can opt to surprise your spouse with a romantic lunch or dinner at their in-house restaurant. A bottle of wine and scrumptious organic food will perfectly set the mood for a romantic date with your significant other.
Entry fees: INR 250 (includes tour of the vineyards and tasting of 6 flagship wines at their tasting cellar)
Timings: 11 am to 11 pm
Location: Sula Vineyards is located on the Gangapur-Savargaon Road in Nashik.
4. Take a trip to Bhandardara near Igatpuri: With tons of resorts that all feel like a weekend destination within themselves, Bhandardhara invites honeymooners to spend the perfect quality time with each other.
The chilled weather offers couples the chance to tuck themselves into a cozy ambiance and makes room for conversations over candle light dinners under stars filled sky. Whether you choose to go camping in Bhandardara or take up luxury stay, stargazing with your significant other is something that is highly recommended.
Location: This scenic destination is just 41 kilometers from Igatpuri, which equals to a travel time of not more than an hour.
5. Go sailing in deep sea water: Leaving behind all your worries and the world of chaos, hop on to a cruise and sail to the deep waters of the Arabian sea. Overlook the sun taking a dip, hold your partner close and relax in the middle of nowhere.
Share meals, discover new views, groove to some music on your private cruise and enjoy solitude from the rest of the world! If you want to surprise your partner with a date, this is the idea you should opt for!
Entry fees: Approximate cost of the activity is INR 6000 to 8000
Timings: Honeymooners can choose from various slots available throughout the day.
Location: Sailing Centre near Mandwa Jetty
6. Discover the underwater world with your partner: Dive into the deep sea and go exploring the calm. This is also the place where adventurous souls can decide on discovering a world rarely experienced - the underwater life.
Spot various kinds of fishes and corals and engage in this activity that sure can’t be erased from your list of favourite moments for a long, long time. As you begin to discover the newness of a married life, vouch to discover the underwater life with your partner as well.
Entry fees: Activity cost ranges anywhere between INR 1500 to 2000 per head
Timings: Usually available in morning and evening slots. 7AM to 10AM and 4PM to 6PM
Location: Diving points in Tarkarli, Maharashtra
Yes, there certainly are quite a few exquisite places in Maharashtra that a newly married couple can go for their honeymoon. The western part of the state close to the Arabian sea is nestled in the Western Ghats. The weather and ambience of many destinations like Amboli, Alibaug, Mahabaleshwar, Lonavala, etc. is incredible, especially during the monsoons.
The best time to visit Maharashtra varies based on the places you wish to travel to. If you want to spend time with your partner enjoying the cool sea breeze, November to March will suit you best. This time is also optimal if you are yearning for a thrilling adventure like a wildlife safari.
Monsoons are an incredible time to visit hilly places in Maharashtra and the fog that you’ll see is bound to enchant you.
Maharashtra is a vast state and exploring the entirety of it will certainly take a few months but an ideal Mahashtra tour package can be of five to ten day for you to have an exhilarating trip and indulge in memorable experiences.
An exciting excursion can surely last a week to ten days. Depending on the places you and your partner wish to visit, the number of days will vary.
A Maharashtra honeymoon tour that spans 6 nights and 7 days will cost you anywhere between INR 25,000 to INR 50,000 depending on your choice of accommodations. This cost includes transportation, food, accommodation, shopping, and sightseeing.
In fact, this range doesn’t have an upper cap as there are several luxurious resorts that charge extravagant prices for their equally extravagant services.
1. The Dukes Retreat: This is a splendorous resort situated in the town of Khandala near Pune city. The 11 acre landscape has beautiful gardens that overlook the valley with waterfalls and nature trails nearby. The resort has suites and family rooms that are equipped with a mini bar, private balcony, air conditioning, refrigerator, and a T.V.
2. The Machan: The Machan is an awe-inspiring, award winning eco-friendly resort that sits comfortable in the luscious green forests of Lonavala. The entire construction and concept of this resort is quite eccentric and captivating. As it is nestled in the bosom of nature, the hosts encourage guests to indulge in activities like hiking trails and bird watching. The extravagant rooms and suits are all on stilts and have rustic interiors.
3. Bella Vista Resort: This resort is one of the finest establishments in Mahabaleshwar that offers truly unbelievable views of green hills and winding forests. Most of the suites and family rooms offer a bespoke panoramic view of the Western Ghats. The tranquil surroundings and exotic ambience are perfect for couples looking to relax and enjoy their privacy.
4. Tropicana Resort and Spa: Tropicana Resort is an amazing place in Alibaug that is absolutely worthy of a fit in your Maharashtra honeymoon package. Situated a mere three kilometers away from the Kihim beach, the resort has a relaxing spa that will take away all your stress and leave you rejuvenated. It also has an all day dining restaurant, a gym, a lounge bar, and a library that all of their guests have access to.
5. The Corinthians Resort and Club: This five-star resort cum club is located in the southern parts of Pune, a few hours away from the city chaos. It is spread over a vast area and offers family rooms as well as different types of elegant suites. The gaming room is equipped with several fun games like foosball, pool table, darts, and even poker tables!
1. Shrivardhan Harihareshwar Beach: The quaint and serene town of Harihareshwar situated in the Konkan region of Maharashtra opens into the vast Arabian Sea through this beach. The Shrivardhan Harihareshwar beach boasts soft sands, pleasant and gentle winds, and a clean, long seashore.
Witnessing the sun set into the horizon at this beach is an experience that you will reminisce for years to come. With the companionship of your partner, the experience is sure to get even better!
2. Mandwa - Kihim Beach: Manwa - Kihim is one of the very few beaches that despite being in close vicinity to the humongous metropolis of Mumbai is still untouched by the ruthlessness of civilization.
Kihim beach has soft golden-brown sands that are lined with dense palms of coconuts and wild flowers that usually have birds and butterflies floating over them. A quaint ambiance like this allows honeymooners to enjoy some beach time all by themselves, without the interruption of much people around!
3. Bassein Beach: Bassein beach located near the town of Vashi somewhat resembles the coastal region famous for its Portuguese influence - Goa. The beach meets less people and thus is a great getaway option for couples wanting to relax on its soft sand.
Simply chilling at the shacks here, watching the sky change its shades during the sunset can be a very romantic, overwhelming experience.
4. Vengurla Beach: Dense cover of vegetation that includes mango trees, coconut palms, jackfruit trees, and betel nut palms line the golden, warm sands of this beach. As just a few tourists frequent this beach, it is a great option to enjoy some tranquility as the breeze caresses your face.
The local Malvani cuisine is definitely worth trying for those who love seafood. Couples keen on spending a cheerful day outdoors with some good food must try this experience!
1. Colaba Causeway, Mumbai: This is a shopping arcade located at a 5 minute walking distance from the city’s largest landmark, the Gateway of India. Colaba Causeway is replete with brand outlets, exotic stores, and roadside stalls that offer everything from shoes and clothing to jewelry and artifacts.
There are several food outlets where people can rest and have a snack or a meal before resuming their shopping spree.
2. FC Road, Pune: Fergusson College Road, FC Road, is the place where almost all youngsters from Pune go to shop. There several stores and outlets that offer hip, trendy clothes, footwear, and accessories. It is also a place where many people go to shop for electronics and jewelry too.
3. Tulsi Baug, Pune: Tulsi Baug is located in the heart of Pune city that is constantly riddled with traffic- both vehicular and pedestrian. Maharashtrian traditional attire, pearl nose rings, necklaces, and the infamous ‘Nauvari’ (nine-yard long) saree are the main attractions of Tulsi Baug.