1. The Tattva Resort, Joshimath: Known as one of the most serene resorts in Uttarakhand, The Tattva Resort offers the perfect blend of tranquillity, thrill, and spirituality.
From offering a complimentary welcome drink on arrival to serving free breakfast every morning, the resort makes sure the culinary needs of its guests are met perfectly. The resort also pays special attention to the recreation of its guests and hence offers ample activities, including badminton, yoga, and karaoke.
Location: Shri Badrinath Road, near Tapovan Taxi Stand, Upper Bazar, Joshimath, Uttarakhand 246443.
Amenities: Multi-cuisine restaurant, nightclub, yoga room, game room, outdoor dining area, business centre.
Price: INR 3,975 per night onwards.
2. JW Marriott Mussoorie Walnut Grove Resort & Spa, Mussoorie: Counted among the luxury resorts in Uttarakhand, JW Marriott Mussoorie Walnut Grove Resort & Spa offers world-class facilities for both leisure and business travellers.
Leisure seekers staying here can enjoy an array of activities including hiking, bowling, picnics, mini-golf, billiards, archery, darts, table tennis, & walking tours. And, business travellers can take full advantage of the meeting rooms & conference facilities available here. The availability of spa & massage further adds to the VIP facilities offered by this resort.
Location: Village - Siya, Kempty Fall Rd, Charleville, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand 248179.
Amenities: Swimming pool, fitness centre, rooftop bar, multi-cuisine restaurant, children’s playground, conference facilities.
Price: INR 19,236 per night onwards.
3. Sterling Mussoorie, Mussoorie: Making for one of the most beautiful resorts in Uttarakhand, Sterling Mussoorie lets you sleep with the view of the glimmering lights of the Doon Valley & wake up to the fresh aroma of the deodar trees.
For the indoor entertainment of guests, the resort offers a number of games like billiards, darts, and puzzles, while outdoor recreation is mostly about hiking tours & cycling. There is also a small outdoor park, where kids can have a great time on slides and swings.
Location: Radha Bhawan Estate, Circular Road, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand 248179.
Amenities: Banquet room, meeting rooms, children activities, spa, multi-cuisine restaurant, indoor kids’ play area.
Price: INR 3,728 per night onwards.
4. Aloha On The Ganges, Rishikesh: Lying on the calm banks of river Ganga and spread across an area of around 20,000 sq. yards, Aloha On The Ganges is one of the best riverside resorts in Uttarakhand.
Offering a pristine pool with a breathtaking view, a spa retreat, and invigorating massage therapies, the resort never compromises when it comes to luxury. Lying at a very proximate distance to some of the top tourist attractions of the region, including Rajaji National Park and Laxman Jhula, the resort also allows guests to plan easy sightseeing tours.
Location: NH 58, Tapovan, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand 249192.
Amenities: Swimming pool, multi-cuisine restaurant, banquet room, spa, indoor kids’ play area, evening entertainment.
Price: INR 18,938 per night onwards.
5. Taj Corbett Resort & Spa, Ramnagar: Nestled on the calm banks of Kosi river and extending over 10 acres of land dotted with sal and deodar trees, Taj Corbett Resort & Spa features a total of 61 modern rooms and suites.
Counted among the most recommended riverside resorts in Uttarakhand for thrill-seekers, this resort allows guests to indulge in a number of adrenaline-pumping activities, such as archery, noodle hockey, wildlife spotting, night camping, and jungle walks.
Location: Zero Garjia, Dhikuli Ram Nagar, Ramnagar, Uttarakhand 244715.
Amenities: Workout room, Outdoor pool, Multi-cuisine restaurant, Conference facilities, Banquet room, Spa.
Price: INR 11,375 per night onwards.
6. The Goat Village, Nag Tibba: Counted among the few pet-friendly resorts in Uttarakhand, The Goat Village is equipped with 10 neat and spacious Garhwali cottages that let guests experience the regional way of living.
Each room of the property is facilitated with a private balcony, where guests can unwind in the evenings and soak in the natural scenic views while sipping a hot cup of coffee. The resort also has an in-house restaurant that serves authentic Garhwali delicacies to patrons.
Location: Nag Tibba, Pantwari, Uttarakhand 249186.
Amenities: In-house multi-cuisine restaurant, evening entertainment, free parking space, free breakfast, outdoor activities.
7. Jungle Resort Ananda Retreat, Lansdowne: Perched amidst vast expanses of breathtaking pine forests, Jungle Resort Ananda Retreat is one of the nature-friendly resorts in Uttarakhand, featuring cozy cottages classified as Semi Deluxe, Deluxe, Super Deluxe, and Family cottage.
The resort also has a fully functional open kitchen, Restra, where the guests can watch their favourite meals being cooked or even cook for themselves. The resort also offers an array of fun-filled activities, such as volleyball, tennis, swimming, badminton, water polo, trekking, cricket, and bonfire.
Location: Lansdowne, Pauri Garhwal, Uttarakhand 246155.
Amenities: Swimming pool, parking space, bonfire facilities, tennis court, on-call doctor, open kitchen.
8. Soulitude In The Himalayas, Gaggar: Perched on a silent hillside, Soulitude In The Himalayas is one of the many resorts in Uttarakhand that offer mesmerizing scenic views of snow-covered mountain peaks and verdant valleys.
Facing the magnificent Kumaon Himalayas, the resort features a total of 10 stunning rooms, each of which is equipped with a seating area, a private balcony, and an attached bathroom. To make your stay experience more invigorating, the resort arranges for BBQ and bonfire and more such orchestrations.
Location: Gagar, Bhowali-Ramgarh-Mukteshwar Road, Ramgarh, Uttarakhand 263132.
Amenities: Multi-cuisine restaurant, BBQ facilities, outdoor fireplace, free parking space, car hire, 24 hours front desk.
Price: INR 10,996 per night onwards.
9. Te Aroha, Dhanachuli: Lying amidst the awe-inspiring scenic views of Dhanachuli, Te Aroha is one of the most alluring boutique resorts in Uttarakhand. Having once served as a British summer house, the resort showcases a colonial-style architectural design and features 6 splendid rooms and 4 well-adorned suites. The entire resort is equipped with vintage furniture, which automatically transfers you to the ancient colonial era.
Location: Dhanachuli - Devstal Road, Dhanachuli Bend, Near Mukteshwar, Tehsil Dhari, District Nainital, Dhanachuli, Uttarakhand 263132.
Amenities: Multi-cuisine restaurant, children activities, free parking space, airport transportation, terraces, decks.
Price: INR 9,482 per night onwards.
10. AyurVaid Kalmatia, Almora: Considered to be one of the best Ayurvedic resorts in Uttarakhand, AyurVaid Kalmatia offers curative holidays with its power yoga and traditional Ayurvedic therapies.
The in-house restaurant of the resort serves healthy and tasteful vegetarian meals that not only enrich your body but also your palette. The resort is also facilitated with decent conference facilities that help cater to the requirements of business travellers.
Location: Kalimat Estate, Kasar Devi Upper Binsar Road, Almora, Uttarakhand 263601.
Amenities: Multi-cuisine restaurant, banquet room, meeting rooms, free parking space, 24 hours front desk, concierge services.
Price: INR 8,488 per night onwards.
11. The Birdcage, Mukteshwar: Famed as one of the most romantic resorts in Uttarakhand, The Birdcage lets couples soak in spectacular panoramic views of the majestic Himalayan ranges, breathtaking sunsets, and charming sunrises.
The resort allows its guests to head for offbeat hiking tours through densely forested hills and lose themselves to the enchanting birdsongs. It also offers a complete range of therapeutic massage therapies, including head massage, foot massage, and full body massage.
Location: Leti Bunga, Shasbani, near Bhatelia Market, Mukteshwar, Nainital, Uttarakhand 263132.
Amenities: Multi-cuisine restaurant, outdoor fireplace, sun deck, massage retreat, outdoor dining area, bicycle rental.
12. The Terraces, Kanatal: Nestled at an elevation of around 8,500 feet above sea level, The Terraces is known popularly for offering exemplary views of the mighty snow-covered Garhwal Himalayas. Surrounded by lush forests, unambiguous blues, and colourful chirping birds, the resort features a luxury suite and 20 tastefully adorned rooms.
The resort has an on-site restaurant and a well-stocked lounge bar to cater to the gastronomical needs of its guests. It also has a peaceful spa retreat, where guests can enjoy pampering therapies.
Location: Chamba - Mussoorie Road, Kanatal, District, Uttarakhand 249145.
Amenities: Workout room, meeting rooms, spa, lounge bar, multi-cuisine restaurant, children activities.
Price: INR 13,959 per night onwards.
13. TAG Resorts Queens Meadows, Ranikhet: Nestled atop a hill and spread across an area of around 10 acres, TAG Resorts Queens Meadows is one of the most famous luxury resorts in Uttarakhand.
Surrounded by acres of breathtaking deodar and pine forests, this ever-charming resort is equipped with a total of 8 lavish villas and 7 independent tents. The resort offers guests the opportunity to dine out in the forest and relish delectable Kumaoni and Indian cuisines. Guests can also enjoy village tours, forest walks, live barbecue, and bonfire evenings.
Location: Village- Badhan, Chiliyanaula, near Heda Khan Temple, Ranikhet, Uttarakhand 263645.
Amenities: Sauna, free parking space, children activities, in-house multi-cuisine restaurant, butler service, public wifi.
14. Aura Corbett Resort, Ramnagar: Offering a fully functional games room, a kids’ club, and a myriad of fun-filled children activities, Aura Corbett Resort is one of the most kid-friendly luxury resorts in Uttarakhand.
This family-owned resort features well-kept cottages and rooms that offer unparalleled panoramic views of the magnificent mountain peaks. Equipped with spacious meeting rooms and wifi enabled business centre, the resort is very suitable for corporate travellers.
Location: Sawaldey, Ramnagar, Uttarakhand 244715.
Amenities: Outdoor pool, meeting rooms, spa, multi-cuisine restaurant, game room, kids club.
Price: INR 2,582 per night onwards.