Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Pick-Up & Drop
Trip Location: Kandy
Kandy, a famous
spot in the Sri Lankan city imparts great richness in historical as well as
religious composition. The location is widely called as the Temple Of The
Sacred Tooth Relic that marks the habitat of several remarkable museums and
iconic attractions. The spot is ideal for gathering peace and caters immense
delight to the visitors.
About the Activity:
With the last kingdom private day tour in Kandy, you will be able to visit prominent spots of Kandy such as Spice Garden at Mawanella, Tea factory in Giragama, Temple of Tooth Relic, Market Square, Upper Lake Drive, Gem Lapidary, and the Wood Carving Center in Kandy. Since the existence of lush greenery prevails in the location, you will be able to travel through tropical plantations and dense hills. The package also provides with a delicious lunch at Oak-ray restaurant.
The package is inclusive of Hotel pick-up and drop off by an air-conditioned vehicle in Colombo, Mount Lavinia, Negombo, Wadduwa, Kalutara, Waskaduwa, Beruwala, Bentota, Ahungalla and Waikkal and provides you with a delicious lunch along with chilled beer. You shall also be provided with a professional chauffeur guide and one bottle of water during the tour. Also, the package is inclusive of entrance fees to the sites and all government taxes.
Know before you go:
Starting Point of the Activity: The tour activity begins with picking you up from your hotel in Colombo/Negombo.
Duration: 15 hours
Timings: The activity package will commence from 6 am and last till 9 pm.
Note: Minimum 2 and maximum 8 persons are required to book the package.
06:00: You will be picked up from your hotel in Colombo, Mount Lavinia or Negombo and then proceed to Kandy.
09:00: If you are interested in the Spices, you will be able to visit a well-maintained spice garden in Mavanella. For centuries, spices have been one of Sri Lanka’s most celebrated exports and are used for medicines and cosmetics as well as to flavour foods. You will sample scents and flavours such as cinnamon, ginger, pepper, vanilla and cardamom.
10:30: Arrive at Giragama Tea Factory. Tea was first planted in Sri Lanka in 1824 at the Botanical Gardens at Peradeniya, when a few plants were brought from China. You will spend an hour exploring the plantation and factory before leaving for Kandy which is approximately 30 minutes away.
12:00: Arrive at Oakray Restaurant for lunch. After lunch, you will visit a Gem Lapidary and Wood Carving centre.
14:30: Leave to visit Bahirawakanda Buddha statue that is known as Big Buddha is one of the most scenic places in the city.
16:00: Arrive at Kandy Temple. To the Buddhists of Sri Lanka and the World, Kandy is one of the most sacred sites as it is the home of the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic of Lord Buddha. You will visit this wonderful temple followed by an upper lake drive.
18:00: Leave Kandy and proceed back to your hotel. You will arrive approximately at 21:00 to your hotel.
Write Your Story
The average cost of a private trip to Kandy is around INR 4000. The package includes the service of an English-Speaking chauffeur guide, lunch at a premium restaurant with chilled beer, all entrance fees to the sites and all government taxes. The price for the Kandy city tour also includes to and from transport from your hotel in Colombo.
Kandy is the largest city in Srilanka after Colombo having a beautiful lake in the middle and is at an elevation of 500 m above sea level. The city has very pleasant weather with an average of 18 degrees celsius. The places of tourist interest that can be covered in a Kandy city tour are:
- The Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic.
- The Kandy Lake is a must-visit destination in any Kandy tour. It is present in the middle of the city with a pleasant scenic walking path around it.
- Wales Park.
- The Royal Palace and National Museum Kandy. This is a treasure trove of artifacts and information and should definitely be a part of your Kandy tour.
- Arthur’s Seat viewpoint.
- The World Buddhist Museum.
- The Udawattakele Forest Reserve is home to a large number of bird species.
- The Bahirawakanda Temple which has a giant statue of Buddha on a hilltop.
- A visit to the Giragama Tea Factory with a tea processing unit and beautiful tea plantations as a part of your Kandy city tour.
- The Royal Botanical Gardens in Peradeniya which is well laid out, well known for its Orchid collection and should be a part of your trip to Kandy
The package includes a hassle-free hotel pick up and drop facility in a private air conditioned vehicle. The start point of the tour will be your hotel.
The other inclusions in the package for the trip to Kandy include:
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by an air-conditioned vehicle in Colombo, Mount Lavinia, Negombo, Wadduwa, Kalutara, Waskaduwa, Beruwala, Bentota, Ahungalla and Waikkal.
- All sightseeing tours with the service of an English-speaking chauffeur guide
- Lunch at Oak ray restaurant with chilled beer
- Entrance fees to the sites
- One bottle of water during the tour.
- All Government Taxes
Some of the places to visit in Kandy are :
- The Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic.
- The Royal Botanical Gardens in Peradeniya.
- The Kandy Lake
- The Udawattakele Forest Reserve
- The Bahirawakanda Temple
- The Royal Palace and National Museum Kandy
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.