1. Chennakeshava Temple, Somanthapur:
This Temple in Somnathpur is a magnificent 13th-century Hindu temple known for its intricate carvings and Hoysala architecture. The temple's star-shaped plan and intricate floral designs on the towers and columns make it a photographer's delight. Tourists visit the temple to admire its beauty, marvel at its architectural prowess, and immerse themselves in the rich cultural heritage of India.Location:
Timing: 9 AM to 9 PM
2. Mysore Palace: Mysore Palace is a beloved tourist destination in Mysore, and is one of the most iconic landmarks of the city. It welcomes more than 2.7 million tourists annually and is one of the biggest palaces in India. It has positioned itself as a remarkable masterpiece given its exquisite craftsmanship and the stunning Indo-Saracenic style of architecture. The Mysore palace becomes a sight to behold during Dussehra celebration with its awe-inspiring decoration, and showcases the rich culture and customs of the city.
Location: Sayyaji Rao Road, Agrahara, Chamrajpura, Karnataka.
Timing: 10 AM to 5:30 PM.
Entry Fee: INR 100 for adults, INR 50 for children.
3. Brindavan Gardens: The Brindavan Gardens, located on the banks of the Kaveri River, is a popular picnic spot known for its musical fountains, well-manicured lawns and its symmetric design. The garden covers 60 acres and is divided into three terraces with fountains, running water channels, lush green lawns, and flower beds. The South Brindavan has a glass house for propagating ornamental plants and the North Brindavan has four extensive terraces with lawns, flowerbeds, and ornamental trees. Tourists can enjoy a pleasant boat ride at the serene boatlake and enjoy a picnic with their friends and family.
Location: KRS Road, Mysore.
Timing: 8 AM to 8 PM.
Entry Fee: INR 50 for adults, INR 10 for children.
4. Karanji Lake: Karanji Lake is a popular tourist destination in Mysore. It is a picturesque location surrounded by lush green hills that covers an area of 90 acres and is home to a variety of species of birds, animals, and plants. It is a dream spot for birdwatchers as it houses over 90 different species of birds. It has a nature interpretation center where visitors can learn about the different species of birds, animals and plants found in the lake. It has a butterfly park as well which is a major attraction for tourists.
Location: Chamundi Hills, Adjacent to the Mysore Zoo.
Timing: 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
Entry Fee: INR 10
5. Lokaranjan AquaWorld Underwater Zone: It is a popular underwater-themed amusement park located in India. The park offers a unique and exciting experience for visitors, like a glass tunnel walkway through a giant aquarium filled with exotic marine life, virtual reality shows, and interactive games. You can also participate in activities like scuba diving and snorkeling to experience marine life. Lokaranjan AquaWorld also features a research and development center, dedicated to studying and preserving the world's oceans and marine life.
Location: 853-n-15 Zoo Garden Road, 15b, Lokaranjan Mahal Road, Indira Nagar.
Timing: 10 AM to 5 PM (closed on Tuesdays).
Entry Fee: INR 80 for adults, INR 50 for children.
6. Sri Nandi Temple: This ancient Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Nandi, the mount of Lord Shiva. The temple is known for its grand and intricately carved architecture with the sturdy idol of Lord Nandi and attracts thousands of devotees every year, who come to offer their prayers and seek its blessings. The temple is also a popular destination for tourists, who are drawn to its rich history, cultural significance, and beautiful architecture. It offers stunning views of the city and is a popular spot for hiking and picnicking.
Location: Chamundi Hill, Mysore.
6 AM to 7 PM.
7. Namdroling Monastery Golden Temple:
Also known as the Golden Temple, Namdroling Monastery is a Buddhist monastery that is home to over 5,000 Tibetan refugees. Known for its stunning architecture and intricate gold-plated statues and carvings, it includes a 50-foot statue of Buddha Shakyamuni. The temple is a place of pilgrimage for Buddhists from all over the world. Visitors can attend daily prayer ceremonies, participate in teachings and meditation sessions, and learn about Tibetan culture and Buddhist philosophy. In addition to that, tourists can try out the mouth- watering Tibetan food like dumplings, Location:
Timing: 7 AM to 6 PM.
8. Chamundeshwari Celebrity Wax Museum: Chamundeshwari wax Museum is a popular tourist attraction located in Mysore, India. It showcases lifelike wax figures of famous celebrities from India and around the world, including politicians, film stars, sports icons, and more. Visitors can take photos with their favorite celebrities, learn about their lives and achievements. In addition to its exhibits, the museum also features a gift shop and a café, offering a range of souvenirs and refreshments for visitors.
Location: Gateway, near Chamundi Hill, JC Nagar, Thavarekatte, Karnataka Timing: 9 AM to 7:30 PM.