1. Bet el Synagogue: Located in the heart of Panvel, Bet el Synagogue is one of the oldest Bene Israelis congregations in the country that consists of around 20 odd families. The 65 members in the congregation still have maintained the culture and customs of the traditional Jews lifestyle which is a unique learning experience.
The 18th-century Jewish worship spot is a beautiful architectural reminiscence of the time that has a very rich and interesting historical backdrop. It is one of the only few places in the world where the Holy Torah is read out in Hebrew, an ancient forgotten Jews language. Open to tourists all year round, Bet el Synagogue is easily accessible from Mumbai via road.
- Location: Mahatma Gandhi Rd, Mominpada, Old Panvel, Panvel, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 410206
2. Khandeshwar Shiv Temple: The medieval era old Khandeshwar Shiva Temple located in the Raigad District is a stunning architectural design that is bound to awe anyone. The picturesque Khandeshwar lake on the backdrop of this medieval era Shiva Temple compliments the entire simple yet poignant landscape beauty.
Simplistic yet intricately patterned walls and pillars make this stone built Hindu Temple worth visiting any time of the year. Open to devotees and tourists every day from 7 am to 5 pm, the temple has one of the most beautiful evening prayer sessions filled with devotional choirs and musical performances.
- Location: Park Sight Society, Sector - 2, Khanda Colony, Panvel, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 410206
- Timing: 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
3. Shivganga Waterpark: No family vacation or weekend getaway is complete without a trip to a waterpark. Located within a few miles of the Somatane Village, the Shivganga Waterpark offers guests a chance to recreate all the memories of their childhood with their own children.
The waterpark has a wide range of water rides along with numerous fun filled land rides to spend the entire day amidst numerous activities and playtime. In case the bustling activities of the entire day are too exhausting, guests can easily book a nice and comfortable suite in the resort situated within the property itself.
- Location: Shiv Mandir, Somatne, Panvel, Mumbai, Maharashtra 421310
- Entry Fee: Adults: RS- 850/- Child: RS – 750/
- Timing: 9 am to 5 pm
4. Gadeshwar Dam: Surrounded by lush green vegetation on all sides, this serenely calm and quiet spot is perfect for a small mini-trip if you are looking to get away from the noise and pollution of Mumbai. Built on the Panvel Lake, though the dam is not accessible to the public, tourists can check out the panoramic 360-degree view from the Little Chowk Point Observation deck.
Home to a wide range of beautiful birds, insects, and occasional harmless wildlife, Gadeshwar Dam is a perfect picnic spot to bond with the family. The pristine clear water of the freshwater lake is safe for kids and small children to play in if there is ample adult supervision.
- Location: Maldunge, Maharashtra 410206
5. Zenith Waterfall: Merely 15 minutes walkable distance away from the Khopoli Station is the beautiful cascading Zenith waterfall. The waterfall comes alive each year exclusively during the monsoon season and is clearly visible from the railway station thus adding a bit more extra points to its sheer beauty.
One of the primary hotspots in Panvel, the Zenith Waterfall cascades down the cliff of one of the peaks of the Sahyadri Range and creates a bathable pool underneath. The beautiful backdrop of the Zenith Waterfall is a common spot for film shootings and social media posts. In fact, travelers can stay at the nearby Karjat Riverside camping to enjoy the vacation full-fledged.
- Location: Khopoli, Maharashtra 410204
6 .Karnala Bird Sanctuary: Merely 50 km from the crowded city of Mumbai, is a heavenly paradise filled with serenity and greenery on all sides. Karnala Bird Sanctuary is home to a thriving population of wildlife which is a must explore-worthy destination, especially if you love mother nature and wildlife. Covering a vast expanse of 12 sq km, the Bird Sanctuary is home to 222 bird species, bison, deers, leopards, and much more.
Amidst the hilly terrain of the protected area is the iconic Karnala Fort perched at the top of a small hill which is a 2 hrs steep climb to the top.
- Location: NH 66, Karnala, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 410206
- Timing: 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Entry Fee: INR 35
7. Smart Eco Park: Created as an initiative to make people aware of the current environmental degradation, the Smart Eco Park in Panvel is a true learning experience worth spending some time at. Spread over 20 acres of land, the Smart Eco Park is an educational experience for the children and adults alike about what the next 50 yrs holds for us and how to survive the upcoming years when scarcity of provisions like water, fuel, etc becomes an integral part of life.
Open from 9 AM to 4.30 Pm, the Park is accessible on a prior booking basis. Best enjoyed during winter months, the Smart Eco Park is often referred to as an unforgettable learning experience that resonates with a beautiful sustainable future the world is hoping for.
- Location: 18/1, Usarli Budruk, Panvel Dundra Road, New Panvel, 410206
8. Chanderi Fort: Located in Matheran, Chanderi Fort is one of the most beautiful fort ruins in India that has mile-long historical importance. From its highest viewpoint, the fort offers an uninterrupted view of the nearby ruins of Kalavantin Fort, Karnala, Mhaismal, and the stunning Western Ghat in its entirety. If history and adventure are what excites you, Chanderi Fort is the perfect blend of both.
An exhilaratingly adventurous steep trek to the top along with reminiscence of the age-old historical events surrounding the fort will keep you enchanted all along the to and fro journey. Caves and viewpoints aside, the fort has its own thriving ecosystem that remains untouched by the pollution and distortion of urban life.
- Location: Ranjan Society, Maharashtra 421503