Popular Rome Packages
Rome Tour Packages
|European Getaway to Swiss And Italy||9 Days / 8 Nights||₹ 143200.0|
|European Extravaganza - Italy, Swiss, France & Netherlands||13 Days / 12 Nights||₹ 189699.0|
|Best European Trio - Italy, Swiss & France||11 Days / 10 Nights||₹ 154000.0|
|Italian Delight 7 Days Holiday Package||7 Days / 6 Nights||₹ 114599.0|
|Tour Italy over 9 Days||9 Days / 8 Nights||₹ 81260.0|
Rome tour packages - Browse through a wide range of Rome Holidays Packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book customized Rome vacation packages with exciting deals & offers.
Curating some the best Rome Tours, Thrillophilia has brought Rome Tour Packages, Rome Honeymoon Packages, Rome Adventure Packages, and Rome Sightseeing Packages. All these packages offer a complete travel overview about Rome and its culture. Our perfectly catered packages will offer you flawless services in the foreign land. We have included many fun activities and adventure happenings in the packages to make it more interesting and memorable.
Our Rome holiday packages let you enjoy a wonderful and comfortable stay in some of the selected luxury hotels in Rome. They are carefully designed to include scrumptious breakfast, local sightseeing, adventurous activities, and other favorite tourist attractions offered by the place to make your vacation is surreal and exotic. That being said, we can also customize your chosen Rome vacation package according to your requirements and objectives. If you wish to have a more exquisite experience, you can opt for our theme based Rome packages that allow you to spend your holiday in your own style and collect special memories that will always remain close to your heart.
With our tour packages to Rome, you will be spending time in the Colosseum, exploring artifacts in the Vatican Museum, going on discovery tours on the Appian Way, and much more. Rome is the land of architectural marvels and we have covered everything starting from antique remains at the Roman Forum to gazing at the Pantheon and from visiting peter’s basilica to climbing the Spanish steps. Rome is a city of magical optical illusions and the Rome Packages from India will be exquisite vacations. You can have all the fun in one of your visit to this place with our package. Check out what’s for you and book an amazing trip with us. If you like to add some more fun, then we will do it for sure without letting you compromise on fun.
People Also Ask About Rome Tours
Which are the best tourist places to visit on the Rome tour?Here are some of the best places to visit in the course of your Rome Tour:
1. Borghese Gallery: This gallery is located at the Piazzale Scipione Borghese in the city of Rome. It is also at times referred to as Galleria Borghese as its one of the most prestigious art galleries in the world. The gallery has got a wide range of collections starting from paintings and sculptures to antiquities.
The best part of the gallery is its frescoes and mosaics, which adorn the walls and the ceiling. If you ascend to the third floor, you can see wonderful pieces of artistry from some of the most famous artists like Caravaggio, Tiziano, Berninim Canova, Botticelli, Raphael and Rubens.
Location: Piazzale Scipione Borghese, 5, 00197 Roma RM, ItalyTimings: 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM except Monday.Price: 3.50 to 5.00 Euros per ticket
2. Campo de'Fiori: Campo de'Fiori is one of the important marketplaces in the city of Rome where tourists love to shop. It offers you everything starting from ceramics, pasta cutters to fresh produce and porcini. This marketplace deals with all kinds of kitchen products and accessories.If you are residing in any of the homestays in the course of your tour, then to go shopping for farm-fresh products from the market and cooking it in your signature style would be perfect.
Location: Piazza Campo de' Fiori, 00186 Roma RM, ItalyTimings: 7 AM to 2 PM
3. Trevi Fountain: Trevi Fountain is considered to be one of the most famous fountains in the world because of its magnificent beauty and architecture. This fountain boasts its amazing Baroque architecture and the Ace of Cups, which was one of the ways in which the artist tried to hide the sign that a barber refused to move in the course of the construction.
The artist died in the middle of the construction and this fountain stands tall to the testament of the great vision of the artist. Nicola Salvi, who happened to be one of the famous artists of those times, completed the construction of the fountain in the year 1762.
Location: Piazza di Trevi, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
4. The Appian Way: The Appian Way is considered to be one of the noteworthy roadways in western history and it also forms the basis of the famous proverb – "All roads lead to Rome''. When the road was laid for the very first time, it was paved by means of cobblestones.
This historical road has got close associations with the tombs, catacombs, villas, and mausoleums like Porta San Sebastiano, Domine Quo Vadis, Domine Quo Vadis, Catacombs of San Sebastiano, Circus of Maxentius, etc.
These are all part of the glorious history of the city of Rome. If you want to explore the remnants of Rome by the Appian Way, then it would be better to move ahead on a bicycle stopping over at all the places of significance.
Location: Roman Forum, Rome to Brindisi
5. Vatican Museums: The famous Vatican Museums were founded in the 16th century in the city of Rome to accommodate almost 7 km long display of artefacts and culturally significant materials. You will find the collections very diverse starting from Egyptian mummies to the contemporary artworks.
If you wish to understand all the things in detail, then you need to hire a tour guide who will let you have century-old tales associated with the place. Some of the famous collections of the museum are Charity with Four Children, Laocoön and His Sons, and Apollo Belvedere. Come over to this amazing place to explore a lot about the times gone by.
Location: 00120 Vatican CityTimings: 7 AM to 4 PMPrice: €4–17 per ticket
6. EUR: EUR is known as Esposizione Universale Roma, which was constructed by, Mussolini, in order to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Fascism. It is at all times advisable that tourists should not miss out visiting the famous Palazzo Della Civiltö Italiana, which happened to be the fascist answer to the yet another architectural of the city, Colosseum.
EUR is home to numerous works by famous architects like Luigi Piccinato, Marcello Piacentini, Luigi Vietti, Giuseppe Pagano Pogatschnig, and Ettore Rossi. This is one of the best places in Rome to chill with your loved ones.
7. Piazza Navona: Piazza Navona is considered the masterpiece of Baroque Architecture. It bristles with life in more than a hundred shops, eateries, restaurants that surround this place with full of history. The famous Borromini and Bernini worked on it.
This place is often busy with the history buffs, couples, families and even solo travellers at the street cafes and open-air performances. The vibe of this place will surely captivate you and it is no wonder that has some of the amazing architectural marvels all around.
Location: Piazza Navona, 00186 Roma RM, ItalyTimings: 11 AM to 12 PM
What are the best things to do on Rome tour?Here are some of the best things that you can attempt doing in the course of your Rome tour:
1. Explore the famous Porta Portese, Sunday Market: A visit to this amazing marketplace will give you a sense of fulfilment for your tour to Rome. Located in the Trastevere Area, the market has been there since the end of the second world war. Come here, if you want to have an authentic Roman shopping experience, which deals with all kinds of goods. There are almost 4000 stalls in the market and this makes it one of the largest flea market of Rome. The Sunday Market now also has expanded to a new place that only deals with trading and black-market goods.
Location: Piazza Ippolito Nievo, 00153 Roma RM, ItalyTimings: 7 AM to 2:30 PM only on Sundays
2. Trip to the shopping market of Rome: Rome can be described as one of the dreamlands in the whole world that is home to countless architectural marvels and monuments. Apart from all these, Rome is also widely held for its colourful food markets, flea markets, and vintage markets.
A trip to Rome is at all times considered to be incomplete if the markets are not visited. Therefore, when you are planning a trip to Rome with your loved ones, find some time for shopping at the local market and the best part of shopping in Rome is that you can get a lot of things at a very reasonable price.
3. Visit the Rome Art Galleries: Rome is a place known for its artworks and architecture. You can easily see the imperialism of the Romanesque architecture all around but if you want to explore the artworks created by some of the famous artisans of those times, then you would need to visit the galleries in Rome.
You will surely come across a number of interesting attractions starting from the artworks of the medieval period to modern times. Rome art gallery is located at the heart of the city and welcomes tourists all over the year towards its amazing range of collectables from the late 19th century and early 20th century.
You can get a chance of covering all the important landmarks of this Rome galleries between festive seasons of the year. Tourists coming from all over from various parts of the world love to take museums tours and have a glimpse of various exhibits.
4. Enjoy the amazing magnificent scenic beauty of the Gianicolo Hills in Rome: If you do not know then Rome is also known as the city of seven hills. However, the famous Gianicolo Hills are not included in those seven hills, but they are one of the most visited places in Rome. It is only because of its amazing breathtaking panoramic views of central Rome.
The hills are also known as Janiculum hills and are a perfect place for sight lovers as well as for history buffs. Tourists love to come over to this place to sight the famous Galleria Borghese, Borghese Villa, St. Peter's Cathedral Dome, and many other historic churches. Apart from all these, you can choose to spend time touring, picnicking, hiking and strolling around the wonderful scenery.
Location: Piazzale Giuseppe Garibaldi, 00165 Roma RM, Italy
5. Explore the Beauty of Rome Museums: Being one of the cities that is widely renowned for its history, Rome has numerous museums that exhibit antiques of the times gone by. The museums and exhibition halls of Rome have become one of the most popular tourist attractions from a long time and they add charm to the city.
Some of the main museums of the city are Capitoline Museum, Maxxi, Galleria Borghese, Palazzo Altemps, and Auditorium Parco Della Musica. Most of these museums and preservation centres are home to some of the finest copies of the Roman and Greek Sculptures, contemporary art, classical sculptures and outstanding statue collections, and much more. Tourists will find exploring these museums one of the best things to do in the city of Rome.
6. Discover the beauty of Trastevere Street : Trastevere Street is one of the most enchanting neighbourhoods in the whole of the city of Rome. The cobbled stone streets and authentic Roman Trattoria will make anyone fall in love with the enchanting charm of the place. It is located on the west of the Tiber river bank and is separated from central Rome by the river. From its city centre, one can see many restaurants and café lined streets.
You will also find villas of some of the greatest public figures like Julius Caesar and Cloda in Trastevere. Some of the must-visit places in Trastevere are San Crisogono, The Museum of Rome, and Santa Maria. It is one of the must visit places in the city of Rome if you love shopping and sightseeing. Taking a short tour of the city and visiting some of its major tourist attraction or delighting your taste buds with the authentic Italian delicacies will be a great way to spend time here.
Location: Trastevere, Rome, Italy
7. Make a wish and flip a coin: Zillions of tourists coming from all over the world come over to the famous Trevi Fountain and throw coins into the water. As per the beliefs, tossing a coin in the Trevi Fountain brings good fortune and ensures a speedy return to the city of architectural marvel and history, Rome.
This is not at all a new-fangled fashion. It has been in fashion since the ancient Roman era when people used to throw a coin into the fountain and then drink a cup of water of the same fountain. It has also been featured in many films with the very first appearance in the movie Three Coins released in the year 1954.
Location: Piazza di Trevi, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
Which are the romantic things to do in Rome?Rome Tour Packages are primarily chosen by newly weds and lovers for the finest choices of romantic things that the city offers. The prime list of coziest things to do in Rome are -1. Visit Sistine Chapel:The Sistine Chapel in the Vatican City is one of the hidden gems of the place and is located in the Vatican museum. The beautiful chapel surrounds high-vaulted ceilings, paintings of bible imagery on ceilings and walls that make picture-perfect backgrounds for your candid photographs.2. Make a wish in Trevi Fountain: Trevi fountain is an iconic landmark in Rome and is extremely popular amongst lovers for making a wish. Visitors usually make a wish with the help of coins by tossing them to make a wish come to life. Head to this place and check for yourself if your wishes come true!3. Picnic in Villa Borghese: Villa Borghese is the third largest park in Rome that comprises sculptures, fountains, museums and zoo. Couples can also hire roller skates, bicycles and other public transports in the park and enjoy some cozy moments away from the hustles of the city.4. Watch a film at open-air cinema: The cinema festival occurs during the summer months and screens some of the best Italian and international films of the times. The festival takes place in Tiber Island and plan your trip to accommodate watching a romantic film night under the blanket of clouds and stars.5. Fine dining at a rooftop restaurant: Restaurants surrounding Colosseum offer a breathtaking view and some of the most popular ones are Aroma, Giuseppe Di Lorio and others. Couples can spend a romantic evening and indulge in a luxury al-fresco dining experience crafted with unique Italian menu and cuisines.
What is the best time to visit Rome?If you are watching out for the best time to come to Rome, you can plan to visit in the middle of May and mid – September. You can plan for Rome Tours this time for the best ever experience.
Summer Season:The summer season extends from June to October. The summers are hot and humid and the temperatures can reach up to 30 degrees Celsius. It is mainly the time for the celebration of festivals in Rome.
Autumn Season:Rome experiences the Autumn season from the middle of October to the end of November. The temperature starts getting mild and it’s time for leaves to change colors.
Winter Season:Winter is the worst time in Rome. It is mainly the time when the whole of Rome decides to hibernate. The temperature may fall below 3 degrees Celsius.
How to reach Rome?Rome is well connected by flight, rail and road across all major cities in Europe. The most prominent railway station is Roma Termini with Leonardo da Vinci International Airport being the popular airport.
Do I need a visa for Rome?Rome comes under the Schengen agreement and it is mandatory to have a Schengen Visa. The visa is valid for 90 days and if you wish to stay any longer, then you would need to extend the visa.
How much time does it take and cost to get a visa to Rome?Under normal circumstances, it takes about 15 days to get a Visa to Rome. However, it can also take up to 60 days under some exceptional circumstances. If you are willing to come to Rome for a short period, then it costs about 60 Euros and if you wish to stay for long then you need to pay 116 Euros. Most of the Rome Packages include this cost of immigration.
How to reach Rome from India?You can reach Rome from India by a flight, which takes close to 8 hours 30 minutes. You can get down at any of the two international airports of Rome - Leonardo da Vinci/Fiumicino International Airport and G.B. Pastine/Ciampino International Airport.
After landing at the airport you can head out to your favorite location on rental cabs. You can easily get direct flights to Rome from Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Kolkata. Choose Rome Tour Packages from India and travel to this land of divinity and architectural marvels.
How much does a trip to Rome cost?Rome Holiday Packages for a week would cost an amount of $1, 121 for a traveller travelling alone, while $2,013 for a couple and $3,774 for a family consisting of a minimum 4 people. With a plethora of free things to do in Rome, Rome Tour Packages can fit even in the most modest budget.
Is Rome expensive to visit?Although Rome is an expensive city to visit, however it comprises a number of ways to cut down on expenses, such as during travel, food, accommodation and others. In short, Rome Tours can be customized to meet anyone’s budget.
Is it safe to visit Rome?Yes, Rome Tours are safe as it offers opportunities for individuals of all ages to roam freely and explore the beauty. However, one needs to be cautious irrespective of the place you are visiting.
Why is Vatican City famous?The Vatican City is known all over the world for being the headquarters of the Roman Catholic churches. It is also widely acknowledged for its popular paintings and sculptures that are present in more than a few cultural sites like the St. Peter's Basilica, Vatican Museum, and Sistine Chapel. Vatican City is also known for its museums.
The museum in Vatican City is spread over a large area and it encompassed a huge number of artifacts of the 16th century from all over the world. These museums serve a great part of the economy of Vatican City. Rome Holiday packages often include a complete tour in and around the Vatican city.
Why is Rome famous for art and architecture?The architecture of Rome has played a great role in unifying its empire. You can find intricate artworks on all the basilicas, bridges, and buildings. You will fall in love with the Roman arches, domes, temples, and theaters on your exploration tour. Rome Holiday Packages offer a closer trail through all these artistic marvels.
Is Rome worth a visit?Yes, Rome is definitely worth a visit as it offers a number of interesting places to visit and things to do. Along with the beautiful surroundings, the food in Rome is also delicious and offers great value for money.
Which are the best churches in Rome?Here are some of the best churches in the city of Rome, where you can offer your prayers, seek blessings from the almighty and get mesmerized by the wonderful architectural marvels of the times gone by.
1. Santa Maria del PopoloAs per the legends, this church was constructed in the bygone times to drive away from the evil spirit of Nero (Roman emporer). This Augustinian Canon church has got a wonderful Renaissance Facade, Campanile, and a dome. The area of the church was extended in the year 1505 and was again restored by Bernini.
Location: Piazza del Popolo, 12, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
2. Basilica of St. Mary and the MartyrsThis church was constructed around 120 AD initially as a temple to honour all the Roman Gods and Goddesses, later it was converted into a Catholic Church by Pope Boniface IV and consecrated to St. Mary and the Martyrs. The best part of this structure is its dome, it is the world’s largest concrete dome which hasn’t been reinforced.
Location: Piazza Della Rotonda, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
3. Santa Maria in TrastevereThis is believed to be the very first place where the Christians were able to hold their services. The construction of the church was started in the year 221 and it was completed in the year 340. It was again rebuilt in the 12th century and was redecorated in the Baroque Period. The church has a Romanesque Campanile (bell tower), a mosaic decorated façade, and a portico housing early Christian Sarcophagi.
Location: Piazza di Santa Maria in Trastevere, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
4. Santa Cecilia in TrastevereThis church was constructed in the 9th century over the home of a Roman girl who had been martyred at the tender age of 14. This place is one of the interesting places to visit in the city of Rome for a number of reasons like the exceptional fresco of the last judgement of the 13th century and the beautiful sculpture of St. Cecilia by Maderno from the 16th century.
Location: Piazza di Santa Cecilia, 22, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
Is food cheap in Rome?Yes, Rome offers a number of affordable and cheap places to eat food in. It is a city that is filled with multitude options for quality food bargains. While an espresso cost only a euro, a scoop of gelato rarely exceeds that of a meagre price of 2.50 Euros. Tourists can choose Rome Holiday Packages that are inclusive of food and accommodation to make their trip even more budget friendly.
Is it worth getting a tour of the Vatican?Yes, it is completely worthy to get a tour of the Vatican as the city is huge and covering it by yourself is a tough deal. The tour of the city offers guidance to exploring each and every prominent place under the supervision of trained guides.
How much time do I need to explore Rome?If you want to explore all the places of tourist attraction in Rome, then you need to spend at least three days. On day one, you can visit the Colosseum. Then you can visit The Vatican Museums and St. Peter's Basilica on the second day. Moreover, on day three, you can explore Basilica San Clemente and Rome Catacombs. Opting for a decent Rome Tour Package will take you through everything that’s important in this city.
What about the temperature in Daytime & Nighttime in Rome?The temperature in the daytime remains in the range of 89 F to 95 F and in the nighttime, the temperature remains in the range of 28 F to 37 F. The perfect Rome Package is best enjoyed when the temperatures are mild.
What are the best places to stay in Rome?Here are some of the best places to stay in during the course of your vacation to the city of Rome.
1. Aventine HillIt can be considered as the best location to stay in the city of Rome if you are coming with your beloved partner for honeymoon. It has one of the most romantic neighbourhoods with lofty mountains, memorable views, and elegant Art Nouveau Villas. In the course of your stay, you can spend some time with nature experiencing its beauty at the famous Giardino Degli Aranci, which offers the best views of the landscape and the sunset.
2. TrastevereIf you are someone who loves to party once the sun sets, then there is no better place in Rome than Trastevere. It is very popular for its nightlife as this place is jam-packed with bars, cafes, restaurants, and pubs that offer amazing delicacies and enthralling drinks. You can spend the whole night dancing to the tunes of the live heart-thumping music.
3. TestaccioTestaccio is an all time favourite place for foodies in Rome. Countless food joints and restaurants offer a wide range of authentic Italian and international cuisine. The best place to try out authentic Italian delicacies here is Via Del Portico d'Ottavia.
4. San GiovanniThe vibe of Rome is just exceptional with its shopping, sightseeing, and culinary journeys. Most of the tourists visiting Rome from all over the world wish to spend some time in this wonderful place like the locals. You can stay in this place and go for short walks, shop in the neighbourhood markets, and get amazed by the boho village feeling.
What are the best historical places in Rome?If you have unconditional love and passion for learning more about the history and heritage of Rome, then here are some of the best historical places that give you a wonderful and captivating experience of the times gone by.
1. Roman ForumThe Roman Forum is undoubtedly one of the centres of rich Roman Heritage and History. It is an iconic place to visit in Rome because of its connection with the Roman Civilization, ethos, and culture of Italy. The Roman Forum is encircled by the leftovers of various ancient government buildings. When visiting here, you should not miss out on stopping over at Senate House, Arch of Septimius Severus, Temple of Saturn, Temple of Concord and Temple of Venus, Atrium Vestae, and the Basilica of Maxentius.
Timings: 8:30 AM to an hour before sunsetPricing: € 12, 00
2. Trevi FountainThe famous Trevi Fountain is considered to be one of the world's noteworthy fountains because of the presence of Roman God of Water, Neptune. The fountain is located at the end of the antique Aqua Virgo aqueduct and displays marvellous work of historic artisanship.
3. PantheonPantheon is considered a place of worship for all Roman Gods. The structure was constructed in the year 126 AD and has been converted into a Roman Catholic Church since the 7th century. It has a portico with Corinthian columns that are made of granite. Here, the tourists should definitely visit the Foucault’s Pendulum and graves of some of greatest French citizens.
Opening hours: 9 AM to 7:30 PM
What are the free things to do in Rome?For those who would like to bring down the cost of their Rome Packages, Rome has several interesting things as the below mentioned ones that are absolutely free -1. Explore The Ancient Appian WayIt is the first ever highway in Europe and was built in 312 B.C. Part of the road is close to Rome and is a part of the archaeological park, the Parco Regionale dell’Appia Antica.2. Visit Vatican MuseumThe museum charges on weekdays, however tourists can visit on the last Sunday of the month for free. It is open from 9am to 12.30 and is a storehouse of ancient and contemporary artworks.3. Visit the Piazzas (public squares)Piazza Campo dei Fiori and Piazza Navona are two popular piazza or public squares of Rome. Piazza Navona comprises two popular foundations that are wonderfully lit in the evenings. The Campo dei Fiori is a field of flowers that comes to life during the market hours in the daytime.4. Discover the art gallery at Galleria Nazionale Di San LucaThe art gallery is located at the Piazza dell’ Accademia di San Luca and is open on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and last Sunday of the month. Founded in the year 1577, the gallery hosts the popular artworks of Canova, Raffaello and Van Dyck.
Which are the best places for shopping in Rome?Here are some of the best places in Rome to go on a shopping spree:
1. La RinascenteIf you love cosmetics then La Rinascente is just a haven for you.You will come across a number of finest malls, which deals with luxury cosmetics, accessories and home décor under a single roof.
Location: Via del Tritone 61, Via Dei Due Macelli 23, 00187 Rome, ItalyBest known For: Branded Cosmetics
2. Via Cola Di RienzoVia Cola Di Rienzo is widely renowned among tourists visiting Rome for its amazing street shopping experience. The market is situated away from the hustle-bustle of the city and offers a wide range of international and Italian brands. It is one of the most affordable places for all kinds of shoppers and tourists.
Location: Via Cola di Rienzo, Prati, 00192 Rome, ItalyBest known For: Street shopping
3. Via Dei CoronariIt is one of the oldest marketplaces in Italy that deals with the finest vintage articles. The exemplary antiques will certainly take you back to the old Roman Times. The items sold in the market are not much costly, which means you can shop a lot of souvenirs to take back home.
Location: Navona, Pantheon, Campo de’ FioriBest Known For: Vintage articles
4. Via Del Governo VecchioThe Via Del Governo Vecchio marketplace is located on the cobbled streets of Rome just behind the beautiful Piazza Navona and is best known for its high-quality Italian brands. You can get good quality leather items, extraordinary souvenirs, and a wide range of home décor collections.
Location: 00186 Roma RM, ItalyBest Known For: Souvenirs
5. Via Del BoschettoThis handicraft marketplace is situated near Monti housing a number of boutiques and artisanal shops. Tourists will go mad with the intricate design works on the products, coloured with traditional elements. It is surely one of the must-visit places in Rome if you wish to get some souvenirs to relish the times spent in Rome.
Location: 00184 Roma RM, ItalyBest Known For: Handicraft items
Is it safe for solo woman travellers to go on Rome tour?If you are a solo female traveler, then there is absolutely no better place than Rome. Exploring in and around the city alone would definitely be a life-enhancing trip. You will love the way things are put up in Rome without worrying about your safety. Our Rome Package completely takes care of your security all the time.
Is it worth spending honeymoon in Rome?It is just awesome to spend your honeymoon in Rome, as it offers many opportunities for couples to enjoy the amazing heritage buildings, dining opportunities, exploration tours, cocktail parties, and whatnot. Rome will take you back on the timeline and make you fall in love with its eternal historic allures. Book amazing Rome holiday packages from India and come to this amazing place.
What are the adventure things to do in Rome?1. Ziplining: One of the most adventurous activities that you can try out in Rome. There are several places that offer this activity, and the rush of adrenaline that you get along with the picturesque view is absolutely addictive.2. Kayaking: If you are a water sports lover, then Rome is the place where you can partake in this thrilling activity. The gliding of the boat amidst the waters not only provides the thrill, but the ethereal view of nature around will leave you astounded.3. Skydiving: This is one of the most popular adventurous activities that you can try out on your trip to Rome. The adrenaline boost that you get when you are flying is worth any fear that you might have had.4. Rafting: You can take part in this exciting adventurous activity and take in the glorious view of Rome as it is a part of the Rome tour packages.
What are the best things to do in Rome at night?1. View of the Pantheon: Although you cannot go inside during the night, the lights around this piazza will leave you charmed. It is also considered one of the most romantic corners in Rome, and you can visit here with your partner to have some cozy moments.2. Watch the sunset: Watching the Sunset from the Castel Sant’Angelo, which is now a beautiful museum is simply mesmerizing. The view will leave you breathless and is a part of the rome tour packages.3. A night tour at the Colosseum: The display of light that illuminates the Colosseum at night is bound to leave you enthralled and the tour is included in the rome tour packages.4. Explore the Vatican City: With fewer crowds and a serene atmosphere, you will find that exploring the Vatican museums in the night will give you great satisfaction. You can also see the special concert held every Friday night.
Which are the most impressive buildings in Rome?The city of Rome is the home of several iconic structures in the world and do not forget to checklist the following structures to be included in your Rome Packages.1. ColosseumIt is one of the most popular buildings in the world and was originally referred to as Flavian Amphitheatre. As of now, it is the largest built amphitheatre that was initially beneficial for public spectacles, animal hints, gladiator contests and theatrical productions.2. Teatro MarcelloThis impressive theatre is a wide open theatre that has been inspirational for Colosseum. Teatro Marcello refers to a semi-circular theatre and is a popular structure of the time.3. Ara PacisThis is a contemporary museum and is undoubtedly one of the most fascinating sights and was designed by American architect Tichard Meier in the year 2006. It is beautifully covered in friezes that depict processions and battles.4. VittorianoThe building surrounds beautiful white marble and lies in the central part of Rome. This large altar had been built between 1885-1925 in the honour of Victor Emmanuel, the first ever king of Italy.5. St. Peter’s BasilicaThe shrine, one of the holiest in the world, St.Peter’s Basilica has been built above the burial site of Peter. This is a crucial site of pilgrimage that has been designed by a number of eminent artists.
Which are the most famous canals in Rome?1. Ancient Suez CanalThe Canal of the Pharaohs, also known as the Ancient Suez Canal has been hailing since ancient times. The canal had initially opened under Persian king Darius and comprises five distinct monuments of the Egyptian times.2. Canal at PortusThe archaeologists believe the canal to be connected to Portus through which the goods were shipped to Rome for more than a period of 400 years. The massive canal is a 100 yard wide and 90 metre wide canal that might have been the link for transferring goods from big ships to small vessels.3. Canals of DrususThis Roman canal was constructed for serving military purposes back during 12 BC. The canal is believed to be the link between Rhine delta and Lake Flevo while facilitating troop transport. While this important canal finds its place in books written by many famous historians, the exact location of the canal remains unknown today.4. Fossa MarianaThe canal was made in B.C. 102 near Fos-sur-Mer, the modern city. It was developed by Marius and to avoid the cumbersome navigation near the mouth of the river due to sand accumulation caused due to the amalgamation of streams.5. Bourne-Morton CanalThe canal has been built at the north-east portion of Bourne located in Lincolnshire, England. The canal was the linking ground between dry grounds at Bourne until the ancient edge of sea near Pinchbeck.
What food is Rome best known for?1. Rigatoni CarbonaraA must try food in Rome; Rigatoni Carbonara is a Roman classic that comprises Pecorino Romano, raw eggs, and guanciale. The best carbonara can be enjoyed in Trattoria Da Enzo, a popular hotel in Rome.2. Bucatini AmatricianaThis signature dish is actually made from thick pasta/spaghetti and is consumed with the flavorful amatriciana sauce. The popular ingredients that go into the making of this dish are black pepper, guanciale (cured pork cheek), white wine, Pecorino Romano cheese, red chilli and others.3. Cacio e PepeKnown for being one of the iconic pasta dishes of the city, cacao e pepe is popular as being the local word for Pecorino Romano and pepe refers to black pepper. These two ingredients are combined with pasta and water to form a sauce.4. GriciaGricia refers to carbonara, however do not have the eggs within. It is also less greasy as compared to Carbonara and has emerged from the dolce vita era back in the 1950s.5. TiramisuAlthough it is not a Roman dish, it comes from Veneto located in the northern side of Italy. It has been adopted as a traditional food and consists of sponge fingers soaked in wine and coffee.
Which are the best museums in Rome?The top 5 museums that you should consider visiting as a part of Rome Tour Packages are -1. Terme DioclezianoThe museum had been completed in 306AD and commemorated Emperor Diocletian. The museum features funerary sculptures, sarcophagi and tombs along with temporary exhibitions that have been dedicated to the work of Rodin and Henry Moore.2. Centrale MontemartiniThis is the first ever electrical power plant that offers a background of ancient Roman and Greek marble statues. This space features a set of dreamy Roman and Greek marble statues, engines, turbines, industrial pipes and other beautiful figures.3. Scuderie del QuirinaleThis 1500 sq-meters space has been transformed to a gallery space in the year 1999 and serves as the perfect museum sporting popular iconic artworks. The extravagant rooms and sweeping staircases cannot be simply ignored.4. Capuchin CryptSituated near to Piazza Barberini, Capuchin Crypt is a spooky crypt that has walls adorned with bones of around 3,700 Capuchin monks. The finger clock is one of the most attractive sights inside and is certainly not for faint hearted.5. MaxxiThis innovative and urban museum is popularly known for housing the contemporary architecture and artwork of Zaha Hadid. It offers guided tours along with book shops and cafes to cater to everyone’s needs.
What is the most famous fountain in Rome?The most popular fountain in Rome in Fontana di Trevi. It is located in the Quirinale district in Rome that was built in the 4th century in Rome.
What are the best activities and attractions in Italy that you can book via Thrillophilia?The following are the best activities and attractions in Italy that you can book via Thrillophilia:
Although the city of Rome is dotted with many catholic sites, the Capuchin crypt is one of the most impressive and unique sites because it is entirely made out of bones. The bones and skulls of more than 4,000 capuchin individuals are arranged in a decorative manner, which is both spooky and impressive at the same time. The museum dedicated to the Capuchins and their missions around the globe provides a deep insight into their lives through different artefacts like manuscripts, vestments and reliquaries. Several paintings are also on display here, including the ‘St Francis in Meditation’ which was a work of the ‘Old Master Caravaggio’. The crypt is the main attraction here which is further divided into six different sections. The rooms are very dimly lit, taking the spooky factor a notch above. In one room, one can also find two severed mummified arms cross one another and upon closer inspection, one can notice that it forms Capuchin’s coat of arms. The Capuchins earned their names because of a hooded cap that they used to wear, apart from socks and a tunic. These figures are also placed inside the crypt to let people know how the Capuchins used to look back in the day.Also Checkout: Rome Nightlife
Palazzo Massimo Alle Terme or the Palazzo Massimo is a popular tourist attraction and a great place to explore the authentic history of the beautiful city of Rome. Filled with several artifacts and objects, each floor at this museum is dedicated to a specific part of the history of Rome, making it an ideal place to visit for all history and architecture buffs. Moreover, since the Palazzo Massimo is one of the four parts of the National Roman museum, it is recommended to visit the other three structures, namely, the baths of Diocletian, the Palazzo Altemps, the Palazzo Altemps, and the Crypta Balbi. Home to the rare and best classical art collections in Rome, wonderful antiquities are located on each floor of the Palazzo Massimo. One of the most famous attractions here includes the mosaics, dating back to the second and the fourth century AD, and the frescoes from the ancient Roman period, making up for a rare and extravagant collection of documented proof of ancient domestic life in Rome. Other notable attractions to explore in the Palazzo Massimo Alle Terme are the statues and sculptures, belonging to the ancient Roman and Greek periods, adorned with beautiful sarcophagi. Some other famous nearby places to explore include the Santa Maria Degli Angeli e dei Martiri, Piazza Della Repubblica, Baths of Diocletian, Rome Termini Railway station, and the Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore. Also Checkout a Detailed Guide to Visit: Rome Monuments
Musei di Villa Torlonia, a collection of magnificent museums, comprises restored 19th-century villas packed with a great collection of artworks and the private possessions of Rome's nobility. The magnificent structures (Casino Nobile, Casina Delle Civette, Casino dei Principi, the Serra Moresca), ornate interiors, and the original English landscape garden give them a unique charm, making them a popular attraction in Rome. The Casino Nobile is filled with a plethora of ornamental pieces created by the most well-known artists of the time, including Bertel, Francesco, and Luigi Fioroni. It is a remarkable illustration of wealth and magnificence that reflects the artistic culture of the period. It houses the Museum of the Villa in the first- and second-floor rooms, while the false Etruscan tomb and renovated bunkers are displayed in the basement. The second floor also houses the Museum of the Roman School and exhibits a valuable collection of paintings, sculptures, and drawings. The Casina delle Civette is devoted to artistic stained glass, the Casino dei Principi stores the archives and stages temporary exhibitions, and the Serra is a marvel of polychrome glass, iron, and cast iron. A trip to the museum complex transports you back in time while winding through a historical beautifully landscaped garden and leaves you spellbound.Read More: Things To Do In Florence