1. Hop on to the top of the Oriental Pearl Tower: Oriental Pearl Tower is one of Shanghai's most popular tourist attractions. The tower has many observation decks at high altitudes inside its famous sphere structures, enabling tourists to reach and see aerial views of the Huangpu River, the Bund, and most areas of the city. Capturing the views from the tower is considered to be one of the most fascinating Things to Do in China. The tower also has a variety of interesting entertainment facilities for visitors, including a restaurant and a nightclub.
- Location: 1 Century Ave, Lu Jia Zui, Pudong, Shanghai, China
- Timing: 8:00 am to 9:30 pm
- Price: 120 CNY onwards
2. Stroll in the ancient Yuyuan Garden: Classic Chinese architecture, beautiful sculptures and carvings, and the bustling Yuyuan bazaar are among the garden's highlights. The number nine is thought to be auspicious in Chinese culture. Walking across the JiuQu Bridge is said to bring people good luck. For those looking for a glimpse into ancient China, as reflected in movies and books, this is the place to be and exploring the past relics can be considered as one of the most sought after Things to Do in China.
- Location: 279 Yuyuan Old St, Huangpu, Shanghai, China, 200000
- Price: CNY 30
3. Climb on Shanghai Tower to get a bird-eye view: The Shanghai Tower is a 632 meters tall skyscraper in Shanghai and it is the second tallest building in the world. This building holds the record of having the highest observation deck at a height of 562 meters and you can reach here through the second-fastest elevator in the world. The sightseeing deck is on the 118th floor that was opened for the public in April 2017 and you can climb up to the sightseeing deck and get a 360-degree birds-eye view of the city which is even more beautiful at night time.
- Location: 501 Yincheng Middle Rd, Lu Jia Zui, Lujiazui Residential District, Pudong, Shanghai, China
- Timing: 8:30 am to 9:30 pm
- Price: Adult Ticket: CNY 160 Door Price CNY 180. Free Admission: Child <1m.
4. Visit Gudong Waterfall: The Gudong waterfall is a famous tourist spot located in the Guilin city of China and is famous for its 13 cascading waterfalls. You can climb the waterfalls and enjoy the waterfall which is surrounded by a wide forest area.
You can also explore the maple forest nearby which becomes even more beautiful during autumn. Here you can enjoy close contact with nature and also learn about environmental protection. You can also explore the Daxu Ancient town and the Crown cave near the Gudong Waterfall indulging in some of the top rated things to do in China.
- Location: Lingchuan County, Guangxi, Guilin, Guangxi, China
5. Visit the Terracotta Warriors Museum: The Terracotta Warriors Museum is famous for the life-size sculpture of the terracotta army, including the warriors and their horses. This museum has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is considered the most important archaeological excavation of the 20th-century.
The sculptures of the army are made in a battle formation and were made under an ancient funerary project by Qin Shi Huang, Imperial China’s first emperor of the unified dynasty. Here you can also visit the mausoleum site park of Qin Shi Huang, also known as the Lishan Garden to indulge in some of the best things to Do in China.
- Location: Lintong District, Xi'an, Shaanxi, China, 710612
- Timing: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Price: 150 CNY
6. Explore the Forbidden City: The Forbidden City is a complex of palaces that were constructed during the early Ming dynasty and is located in the centre of the Imperial city of Beijing. The forbidden city is surrounded by numerous temples and imperial gardens such as the Zhongshan Park, the Beihai Park, the Jingshan Park, and the Imperial Ancestral Temple.
You can take part in one of the most sought after Things to Do in China, like exploring the palace museum where you will find the collections from Ming and Qing dynasties, including ceramics, porcelain, seals, paintings, sculptures, steles, bronze wares, inscribed wares, enamel objects, etc.
- Location: 4 Jingshan Front St, Dongcheng, Beijing, China, 100886
- Timing: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Price: Main Entrance:- Adults (19-59): 52 CNY, Seniors(60+): 46 CNY, Teenagers(7-18): 46 CNY, Children(0-6): Free & Hall of Clock:- Adults (19-59): 13 CNY, Seniors(60+): 13 CNY, Teenagers(7-18): 13 CNY, Children(0-6): Free
7. Boating at West Lake: The West Lake is a freshwater lake located in Hangzhou city of China and is divided into five parts by three wet tracks. You can find numerous gardens, pagodas, temples, and natural or artificial islands situated within the lake. You can enjoy boating at the West Lake while admiring the stunning landscape and the several attractions all around.
There are ten best scenic spots that you should not miss and they are collectively called the ‘Ten Scenes of West Lake’. You can also enjoy the beautiful sunset while boating in the peaceful water of the lake with amazing flora and fauna in the entire area enjoying one of the best Activities to Do in China.
- Location: Shangcheng District/Xiacheng District/Xihu District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang
8. Explore Mogao Caves: Also known as the Caves of Thousand Buddhas or the Thousand Buddha Grottoes, the Mogao Caves are a chain of 500 temples stretching up to 25 kilometres. The caves are situated on a cultural and religious crossroads on the Silk Road in China and are the most famous Chinese Buddhist grottoes. Here, you can find some of the finest samples of Buddhist art spanning around a period of about 1000 years.
This World Heritage Site is a museum where you can find some ancient murals on the cave walls, sculptures, paintings made on silk and paper, textiles, etc. Tourists consider cave tours one of the most loved activities to Do in China as it will let them uncover zillions of mysteries.
- Location: Dunhuang, Jiuquan, Gansu, China
- Timing: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Price: Apr. - Nov.: CNY 258 for foreign visitors & Dec. - Mar.: CNY 160 for foreign visitors