1. Victoria Falls: Falling from a height of over 1,000 meters on the Zambezi rivers, Victoria Falls is widely regarded for its grandeur and awe-inspiring beauty. Famed as being the greatest and widest curtain of falling water in the world, this waterfall is among the most popular inclusions in Zambia holiday packages. Cascading from its massive height, this misty waterfall meets the stunning Devil’s Pool at the bottom, a natural rock pool that invites swimmers at all times of the year. A dramatic basalt cliff rises to equal heights right opposite the Victoria Falls which offers unparalleled front seat views of the majestic waterfall.
- Highlights:natural rock pool, water sports, bungee jumping, trekking opportunities
2. Sioma Ngwezi National Park: Overbrimming with Saharan woodlands, Sioma Ngwezi is one of the most offbeat inclusions in Zambia holiday packages. Spreading over 5,000 kilometers in length, the natural park aims to conserve the severely poached animals in Zambia. A variety of animals, such as hyenas, cheetahs, leopards and elephants can be spotted here. The Sioma Falls, located right within the park, is a special attraction here. The park also arranges for birdwatching expeditions, while game drives and game walks are quite popular here as well.
- Highlights:Sioma Waterfall, organized safaris, birdwatching, fishing expeditions
3. South Luangwa National Park: Regarded as one of the greatest national parks across the world, South Luangwa secures a prominent position in almost all Zambia tour packages. Nestled along the Luangwa river and its stunning oxbow lagoons, the park can be seen brimming with the greatest concentration of Zambia’s wildlife. In fact, South Luangwa is home to over 60 species of animals and about 400 different species of birds. This National Park was also the birthplace of the famous ‘walking safari’, where tourists can explore the wilderness on foot.
- Highlights:walking safari, camping, mountain biking facilities
4. Lower Zambezi National Park: Among the best things to do in Zambia holiday packages is to take a wildlife safari in the Lower Zambezi. Nestled on the banks of the Zambezi river, the National Park is home to some of the mightiest animals of Africa, and prides in its safari options. Elephants, lions, buffalo’s and hippos are quite commonly spotted here. The National Park is also home to several classy camps for those interested in spending a night in the heart of nature. The park is also ideal for stargazing expeditions.
- Highlights:Canoe safaris, camping, stargazing, big game spotting
5. Shiwa Ngandu Manor House: One of the most unique places to visit in Zambia holiday packages, this English country house sits in the quiet village of Shiwa Ngandu. Built in the early 20th century, this historical manor is now a famous safari house in the hills of northern Zambia. The Manor offers luxury, colonial styled accommodation in its exquisitely designed rooms. Attached to the estate is a private game reserve, home to over 30 species of wildlife and 200 species of birds. A private lake sits at the heart of the estate, which is ideal for boating and fishing activities. Safaris are tours that are commonplace activities here.
- Highlights:Walking tours, horse riding, birdwatching, boating, fishing
6. Kafue National Park: A mandatory inclusion in all Zambia travel packages, Kafue is the oldest largest national park in the country. Spreading over a massive area of 22,000, the national park is fairly untouched owing to its remote location. The Kafue river runs through the centre of the park, adding to the scenic beauty of the place. A lot of big game can be spotted here, such as elephants, cheetahs and lions. The park is also home to around 500 species of birds, making it an ideal place for birdwatching.
- Highlights: Wildlife safari, birdwatching, camping
7. Lake Kashiba: Said to be one of the deepest lakes in Zambia, the stunning Lake Kashiba is an absolute must visit while in the country. One of the most enigmatic destinations in Zambia Holiday packages, the mysterious Kashiba is a ‘sunken lake’- a sinkhole situated about 30 feet below its surroundings. The clear waters of the lake offer a clean line of sight to the fishes that swim here. Fishing is also extremely popular here. The banks of the lake are flocked by birds throughout the year, making it a popular spot for birdwatching.
- Highlights:Picnic grounds, fishing, birdwatching, swimming, scuba diving
8. Lake Kariba: One of the most picturesque places to visit in Zambia tour packages, Lake Kariba is the largest man-made lake in the world. The lake was formed by creating a dam over the Zambezi, which is the main water source here. Home to over 40 species of fishes, the lake is a popular spot for fishing sports. Boating is also quite common here, with late dusk being the best time to visit the place. Several eateries and lodges line the side of the lake. Camping is also quite popular here, with several open campsites lining the place.
- Highlights:Boating, fishing, sunset views, campsites
9. Blue Lagoon National Park: One of Zambia’s smallest national parks, the undiscovered gem of Blue Lagoon begs a visit. The abundance and variety of birds found her makes the park one of the best places to visit in Zambia holiday packages for birdwatchers. The vast floodplains that scatter the park makes it a popular hideout for several waterbirds, along with a number of wildlife such as zebras, lechwes and buffalos. Safaris are also quite popular here.
- Highlights:Wildlife safari, birdwatching, farmhouse stay, campsites
10. Siavonga: Spread along the northern edge of Lake Kariba, the town of Siavonga is regarded as the ‘Riviera of Zambia.’ Set amongst rolling green hills and verdant greenery, the quiet beauty of the town beckons international travellers and local dwellers alike. The town is most popular as the home of the Kariba lake, which sits at the very heart of Siavonga. Walking tours, boating and fishing are popular activities here. It is also a great place to try out the local cuisine of Zambia, with several eateries scattered around the place.
- Highlights:Lake Kariba, boating, fishing tours, sunset views