Things to Do in Australia in April
Explore the unique Great Barrier Reef
- Amongst the most popular activities that you can indulge in during a visit to Australia in April is exploring the Great Barrier Reef.
- Ranked as one of the best diving and snorkelling spots not just in Australia, but also around the world, the Great Barrier Reef is known for its beautiful corals, in addition to aquamarine waters and golden beaches.
- During your visit to the Great Barrier Reef, you can also explore the mysterious underwater world and catch sight of a myriad of unique marine species, from whales and sharks to rays, fishes, turtles and more.
- You can also enjoy helicopter tours, island hopping and swimming with dolphins when you explore the Great Barrier Reef.
Location: Queensland, Australia
Also Read: Australia in December
Book Now: Great Barrier Reef Tour
- Gold Coast
Explore the Gold Coast, Queensland
- Gold Coast in Queensland is another one of the most popular places to visit in Australia in April.
- With an average temperature of 25 degrees Celsius during this month, Gold Coast becomes a tourist’s hub with the autumn season at its peak.
- In addition to enjoying water sports and activities like beach hopping, kayaking, jet skiing, cruises and more during this time, you can also indulge in surfing at Gold Coast in April.
- Other popular things that you can do in Gold Coast in the month of April includes attending the different festivals, exploring the theme parks and more.
Also Read: Best Beaches in Australia
Admire the Sydney Opera
- There is nothing better to do in Australia in April that to admire the stunning Sydney Opera House, which ranks as one of the best opera sites in the whole world
- Being one of the most popular places to visit in Australia, the Sydney Opera House is also known for its opulent architecture, which resembles the image of a ship sailing in the sea
- The Sydney Opera House is also home to several other establishments besides a concert hall and cinema
- You can also explore the exhibition rooms, studios, theatre and restaurant in this UNESCO World Heritage Site
Timings: 09:00 a.m. to 08:30 p.m. (Monday to Saturday); 10:00 a.m. to 06:00 p.m. (Sunday)
Also Checkout: Australia in June
Book Now: Sydney Opera House Guided Tour
Take a Parramatta River Cruise
- One of the best things to do in Australia in April is to go on a cruise on the Parramatta River.
- Offering a great experience and verdant views of the famous landmarks of Sydney, it is on a Parramatta River Cruise wherein you can witness the Harbour Bridge, the Luna Park, Pyrmont and other attractions from a unique vantage point.
- During the cruise, you can also pass by many pretty waterside suburbs and houses, all the way to the mangroves on the outskirts.
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Also Read: Islands in Australia
Watch the Sunset at Uluru
- When looking for things to do in Australia in April, you must not miss out on witnessing the spectacular sunsets at Uluru.
- The site is considered quite sacred, especially for the Australian aboriginal people, and is also one of the most popular tourist attractions in the country.
- During sunsets, you can see the rays of the sun change the colour of the many rock formations here.
- You can also visit the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, which has several viewing spots, such as the Kuniya Walking area or Talinguru Nyakunytjaku, which offer scenic views of the sunsets.
Location: Mutitjulu NT 0872, Australia
Also Read: Australia in September
Book Now: Uluru Sunset Trip In Red Center
Take a Wine Tasting Tour in the Barossa Valley, South Australia
Location: Barossa Valley, South Australia
Timings: 10:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.
Also Read: Vineyards in Australia
Book Now: Grand Barossa Valley & Hahndorf Tour In Australia
Discover Launceston Tasmania
- Launceston in the southern state of Tasmania also ranks as one of the best places to visit in Australia in April.
- Being the second largest city in the state, Launceston experiences a relatively cooler climate during this time of the year and is the perfect place to see autumn leaves falling down.
- Exuding an old-world charm, this city also has a waterfront district, in addition to many historical buildings, parks, gardens as well as market districts for you to explore.
- Some of the most popular attractions that you can visit in Launceston include the Cataract Gorge Reserve, the Country Club Tasmania, James Boag Brewery and Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery, among others
Also Read: Offbeat Places in Australia
Visit the Pink Lake
- One of the top things to do in Australia in April is to visit the famous Pink Lake here.
- While Australia has a number of Pink Lakes, one of the most famous of all is the Hutt Lagoon in Western Australia.
- This salt lake also boasts of being the abode of the largest microalgae production site in the whole world.
- The lake gets its name due to the pink colours of its waters, which is a result of the algae production and is a sight for sore eyes.
Also Read: Australia in March
Discover the Sydney Harbour Bridge
- When looking for things to do in Australia in April, head over to discover the Sydney Harbour Bridge, which is a famous landmark of the city.
- Being an architectural symbol of Australia, this bridge is also an iconic landmark and has played an important role since 1932.
- Made of more than 52,000 tons of steel, the Sydney Harbour Bridge has a shape that resembles a typical coat hanger.
- It is also the largest steel arch bridge in the whole world and serves as a primary mode of transportation in the city.
Also Checkout: Museums in Australia
Book Now: Sydney Harbour Bridge Bike Tour
Explore the Blue Mountains, National Park
- The Blue Mountains National Park is amongst the top places that you can visit in Australia in April.
- Known for lush green forests, amazing natural landscapes and sceneries as well as many waterfalls and the Blue Mountains, the national park is a great place to enjoy camping, hiking, nature trails and more.
- You can also learn a lot about the traditional age-old Australian aboriginal culture during a visit to the Blue Mountains National Park.
- Don’t forget to catch sights of the Jamison Valley and the famous sandstone rock formation of the Three Sisters when you are here
Location: New South Wales, Australia
Also Checkout: Mountains in Australia
Book Now: Taronga Zoo