Top 10 Things to Do in Australia in August
Walk Around the Gold Coast
- Inland Lamington National Park's mountain peaks and valleys, which are home to endangered birds and rainforest, are crisscrossed by hiking paths. One of top vacation spots for Australians is the Gold Coast, Australia in August.
- Australian families have been drawn to the region for many years because of its world-famous surf breaks, breathtaking beaches, theme parks, shopping, nightlife, and countryside.
Suggested Read: Things To Do In Melbourne This Weekend
Visit the Pink Lake
- Formerly the lake's water was seen to be pink, as of 2017, it hadn't happened in more than a decade. Pink Lake's pink color is dependent on salt content, and as conditions change, Pink Lake may turn pink once again and this makes it one of the best places to visit in Australia in August.
- Despite being called Pink Lake, it only turns pink when the lake's resident algae come into contact with the proper combination of salt and sunshine. Furthermore, some of the local animals even turn pink from eating algae and other small aquatic creatures!
Also Checkout: Water Parks In Melbourne
Book Now: Luna Park Sydney Tickets
Explore Sydney Opera House
- Sydney Opera House, a venue for the arts, is one of the most instantly recognisable structures of this century and is named for opera, a distinctive European singing style. This stunning work of art and architecture, created by Jorn Utzon, was designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 2007.
- Sydney Opera House, one of the world's top tourist destinations, welcomes more than 8.2 million visitors each year. The venue has held a number of events and performances on its grounds that cater to many styles, including music, dance, theater, and much more.
- The Sydney Opera House's recognisable design has made both the city and the nation of Australia synonymous with it. You can plan a trip to this stunning Opera House during your visit to Australia in August and enjoy the heritage that has been part of it for years now.
Also Checkout: Beaches In Melbourne
Discover the Port Campbell National Park
- The 1,750-hectare national park is located 190 kilometers south-west of Melbourne and 10 kilometers east of Warrnambool and is one of the best places to visit in Australia in August .
- The Twelve Apostles and the amazing collection of wave-sculpted rock formations in Port Campbell National Park are both well-known worldwide.
- On quick hikes like the Port Campbell Discovery Walk, learn about the history of the Shipwreck Coast. Drive the Great Ocean Road in a beautiful manner, making stops at interesting sites.
Also Read: Melbourne Theme Parks
Also Checkout and Book: Eureka Skydeck Tickets
Explore the Mount Buller
- At Mount Buller, Victoria's most accessible mountain resort, you can get away from the rush and bustle of city life and enjoy adventure and relaxation in Australia in August.
- Mount Buller offers the best of each season, from exhilarating ski runs and tobogganing in the winter to intense mountain biking and multi-day excursions in the summer.
- Discover every inch of Mount Buller and the breathtaking beauty in the area. Explore the well-traveled hiking trails on Mount Buller to take in the magnificent views while also getting some exercise.
- Alternatively, go to Mt. Stirling to step things up a notch. Explore Craig's Hut and the surrounding Bindaree Falls along the designated 4WD trails or go on a tour with local horsemen through the mountains.
Do Read: Places To Visit In Melbourne
Discover Kakadu National Park
- The largest national park in Australia is home to ancient landscapes with roaring waterfalls, lush rainforests, meandering marshes, unique fauna, and prehistoric rock art. Kakadu National Park, which spans approximately 20,000 square kilometers, is listed as a World Heritage Site and is famous for both its cultural and environmental values.
- From a Kakadu escarpment's summit, admire spectacular vistas. Travel down the breathtaking Yellow Water Billabong to see crocodiles, other wildlife, and the millions of migrating birds that partially reside in the park's wetlands to explore Australia in August.
- Along with being breathtaking, Kakadu also has the oldest Indigenous rock art in the world and lush jungles, steep canyons, tranquil swimming springs. The Bininj/Mungguy people have created more than 5,000 Aboriginal rock art sites in the park.
Must Read: Things To Do In Melbourne
Checkout and Book Now: Sydney Harbour Cruise
Visit the National Gallery of Victoria
- Australia's oldest and foremost public art museum, the National Gallery of Victoria (NGV), hosts some of the most prestigious exhibitions and collections of art in the world.
- The collection includes artifacts from the pre-Columbian era, ancient Egypt, Greece, and Rome, as well as an oceanic gallery showcasing the Pacific region's indigenous civilizations. Nearly 16,000 worldwide prints and drawings, a notable selection of European and Asian decorative arts, and a gallery with 4000 pieces of Asian art are also included in the collection.
- Exceptional collections of European and British paintings from the 1200s to the present day, fashion and textile displays, photography, furniture, and sculpture are also available which you can discover during your visit to Australia in August.
Suggested Read: Gold Coast Cruises
Discover the Port Arthur
- The most authentic and moving prisoner site in Australia in August is the Port Arthur Historic Site, which is classified as part of the UNESCO World Heritage List and is 90 minutes by car from Hobart.
- You should plan on spending at least three to four hours there because there is a lot to see and do, including exploring more than 30 historic structures and ruins spread across 100 acres. Your site entry ticket is good for two days straight and grants you access to the Port Arthur Gallery, house museums, the gardens, a harbor boat, and an introductory tour.
- You can add on additional Isle of the Dead tours to your harbor cruise or take the Escape from Port Arthur Tour to learn about the several escape attempts. With their own guide, visitors may see the site's highlights and discover Port Arthur in Australia in August.
Must Read: Gold Coast Beaches
Book Now: Skydiving Gold Coast
Hike At Larapinta Trail
- Even experienced hikers will find the Larapinta Trail to be a challenging endeavor, so prepare to be physically and psychologically exhausted. Hi king is all about taking things slowly and becoming more connected to surroundings.
- Take the time to learn about the Larapinta Trail's history, notable songlines, and the reasons why you can swim in some spots and cannot in others. It is a place of great cultural value to the Arrente people.
Recommended Read: Gold Coast Beaches
Discover the Blue Mountains
- A wilderness that is part of the World Heritage list, where massive gorges are covered in eucalyptus trees and illuminated by ancient rock formations. Stunning views extend to the hazy blue horizon in this natural wonderland where waterfalls plunge into valleys covered with rainforest.
- A place where creativity is stimulated by the abundance of nature, where charming, historic villages are tucked away beneath trees painted with the colors of the seasons.
- Experience the wonders of Scenic World, where you can ride the glass-topped carriages of the Scenic Railway on a breath-taking journey deep into the Jamison Valley, go on a bush walk along cliff tops to breathtaking lookouts, and learn about various cultural experiences, such as ancient Aboriginal sites and contemporary street art is one of the best places to visit in Australia in August.
Also Checkout: Places To Visit In Gold Coast
Checkout and Book Now: Melbourne Museum Tickets