Day 1: Shimla to Sangla
- Drive through the beautiful towns of Kufri, Narkanda, and Rampur alongside Sutlej River on the Hindustan-Tibet Highway.
- Proceed to Kinnaur and cross Karcham and Karcham dam, that built on the Baspa-Sutlej confluence.
- Proceed to Baspa Valley and stay overnight at Sangla.
Day 2: Sangla to Kalpa
- Proceed from Sangla to Chitkul, the last village in the region before Tibet. This is an hour’s drive away along the banks of Baspa River.
- Halt for the afternoon at the Mata Mandir.
- Come back towards Karcham Dam and take the detour to Reckong Peo on the Hindustan-Tibet Highway.
- Reach Kalpa on the upper reaches of Reckong Peo surrounded by the Kinner Kailash ranges.
Day 3: Kalpa to Tabo (Spiti Valley)
- After local sightseeing, leave Kalpa to proceed towards Spiti Valley via the highway alongside the banks of Sutlej River.
- Reach Nako after around an hour and stop at the Nako Lake.
- Continue upstream as you cross through Chango, Shalkar, Sumdo, Hurling, and finally Tabo.
- Visit Chos Khor Gompa and the surrounding caves.
- Overnight stay at Tabo.
Day 4: Tabo to Lhalung via Dhankar
- Take the road to Kaza to reach Sichling Village up to Dhankar. Here you will see the ancient 800-year-old monastery and the lake.
- After the halt at Dhankar, proceed to Lhalung. Here you will see the 1000 –year-old monastery.
- Overnight stay at Lhalung.
Day 5: Lhalung to Kaza via Mudh
- Drive through Pin Valley up to the final village in the region at Mudh.
- Stay for lunch at Mudh for delicious homemade pizzas and drive back to reach Kaza.
- Explore local markets and the vast plains backdropped by snow-capped mountains.
- Spend the night at Kaza.
Day 6: Kaza to Hikkim , Komic, and Langza
- Head to the village of Komic, the highest village in the world.
- Here you will see the ancient Tangyud Gompa.
- Proceed to Hikkim that houses the highest post office in the world.
- Leave for Langza, which is the most beautiful village in Spiti surrounded by the massive Mt. Chau Chau Khang Nilda.
- Overnight stay at Langza.
Day 7: Langza to Chandratal
- See the famous Kee Monastery and the huge statue of Buddha.
- Head over to Kibber Village and see the Kibber Chicham bridge at an altitude of 4300 meters.
- Proceed to the stunning Chandratal or the Moon Lake surrounded by the Chandrabhaga Peaks.
- Walk alongside the Lake, a circumambulation of around 4 kilometers.
- Stay overnight at the campsite.
Day 8: Chandratal to Manali
- You can visit the lake once again in the early morning before leaving the campsite.