Day 1 - Shimla to Sangla – Overnight at Sangla
- On day one you’ll land at the Shimla bus station, from where your enthralling trip to Spiti will begin.
- After a majestic journey over the hills of Shimla, you’ll continue our journey towards the town of Kanpur.
- The roads over here are vertically carved on rocks at diverse locations giving it a distinct identity. This road is also popularly known as Indo-Tibet Highway.
- Then you can continue ahead towards Kinnaur district where many hydropower projects like Karcham will greet you.
- From Karcham you’ll enter Baspa valley that protrudes towards Sangla. You can have an overnight stay over here.
Day 2 - Sanlga to Chitkul to Kalpa – Overnight at Kalpa
- On the second day of the trip, you’ll reach Chitkul, which is the last village in India.
- You can take a short drive across the village and visit Mata Mandir
- After this, you can move ahead to Reckong Peo located on the Indo-Tibet Highway.
- Kalpa is a quaint village which offers a picturesque view of Kinner Kailash range which is regarded as the abode of Shiva in winter. You can stay overnight at Kalpa which is a small village above Reckong Peo.
Day 3 - Kalpa to Nako to Gue to Tabo – Overnight at Tabo
- On day third you’ll transverse into the Spiti valley. The road leading to Kalpa descends to Indo Tibetian Highway and continues to Sutlej till Khab.
- Leaving Sutlej behind you’ll continue moving ahead to upstream of Spiti. After the climb of an hour, you’ll reach Nako which is another village located at 3800 m altitude.
- You can then continue moving upstream of Spiti by crossing several small villages like Sumdo, Hurling etc before entering Tabo.
- At Tabo, you can have an overnight stay, and you’ll also get a chance to visit Chos Khor Gompa during your stay.
Day 4 - Tabo to Dhankar to Lhalung – Overnight at Lhalung
- On the fourth day, YOU’ll reach Sichling village by taking the road to Kaza.
- An hour and a half hike from here will take you to Dhankar Lake where you can relax and have a splendid time with nature.
- From Dhankar YOU’ll move ahead to Lhalung which is one of the less explored villages of Spiti. This is also a treat for every photographer lushed with cultivation fields and snow-capped peaks.
- Golden Temple is another adorning spot in this small village
Day 5 - Lhalung to Mudh to Kaza – Overnight at Kaza
- On the fifth day of the trip you’ll move ahead towards Pin Valley which originates in trans Himalayan mountains.
- After a short drive across this magnificent valley you’ll reach the last village of Mudh.
- After trying some lip-smacking food for lunch over here, you’ll move back to Spiti and will continue to explore Kaza.
- You’ll explore Kaza’s local market and you’ll move ahead for a walk amidst the lush green fields of Kaza. ay 6 - Kaza to Hikkim, Komic to Langza – Overnight at Langza
Day 6 - Kaza to Hikkim, Komic to Langza – Overnight at Langza
- On the sixth day, you’ll leave Kaza, and you’ll move ahead towards Komic village. This is touted as the highest village across the globe having a motorable road.
- you’ll then visit Tangyud Gompa Monastery which is the spiritual treasure of this place.
- Once you immerse your senses into the beauty of this monastery you’ll move back towards Hikkim. This is a beautiful village having the highest post office across the globe.
- You’ll then reach the village of Langza, and you’ll have an overnight stay over here. Langza is the scenic village adorned by Buddha statues.
Day 7 - Langza to Chandratal – Overnight at Chandratal
- You’ll head towards the monastery of Spiti which looks like a pyramid of houses. You can enjoy over here refreshing cup of tea that is served by the monks over here.
- Next, you’ll drive to Kibber village to witness Kibber Chicham bridge which is a masterpiece of human construction.
- Thereafter you’ll visit Chandratal, which is a hidden treasure in the backdrop of the Himalayas.
- You can enjoy the breathtaking beauty of this lake, and you can also do a Parikrama over here.
-After an alluring walk, you’ll rest in the campsite adorning the ethereal beauty of this place.
Day 8 - Chandratal to Delhi
After a scrumptious breakfast, we’ll leave for Delhi around 7 AM from Manali. This will mark the end of the eight days trip to Spiti valley from Delhi.Explore Now - Delhi To Spiti Valley Travel Guide